PTSD Family Coach is for family members of those living with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The app provides extensive information about PTSD, how to take care of yourself, how to take care of your relationship with your loved one or with children, and how to help your loved one get the treatment they deserve. The app also provides a great deal of information that is specific to Veterans and active duty members of the military.
Living with a family member who has PTSD can be incredibly stressful, and PTSD Family Coach includes 24 unique tools to help you manage this stress, including mindfulness exercises, tools to help you re-build your social networks, and tools to help with difficult thoughts and emotions you may be experiencing. The app also provides a way for you to track your stress level over time, using scientifically valid measures, and can provide specific feedback about your progress. Finally, PTSD Family Coach offers a number of ways for you, and your loved one, to connect with support.
PTSD Family Coach was created by VA’s National Center for PTSD and DoD’s National Center for Telehealth & Technology.
Welcome to the overhauled and expanded version 2 of PTSD Family Coach! New features include:
* Many more tools for coping with your family member's PTSD
* New tips and educational topics about PTSD and the family
* Better stress tracking and goal tracking
* More resources for connecting with others in your situation
* Refreshed graphics
* Code rebuilt from the ground up
Ratings and Reviews
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- 143.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © US Department of Veterans Affairs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.