Pubget: Science library
By Pubget, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pubget for iPad delivers PubMed and full text journal articles straight to your iPad! Read them as PDFs on the spot or save them to take on the go.
• Search everything in PubMed, ArXiv, JSTOR, IEEE and more
• Access your library's subscriptions: it's synced with 450 libraries world wide (and growing!)
• Immediately get the full text PDF through your library*
• View PDFs in line (no link-outs or dead-ends)
• Save papers offline
• Type and save notes for specific papers
• Search complex queries with Advanced Search
• ... and it's free and legal
*Note: Anyone can view Open Access or freely available papers. To view a paper that isn't freely available, your library must have a subscription. We currently support this feature for researchers at over 450 institutions. To see if your institution is on the list, visit Pubget.com, and check the "Use my subscriptions" drop down menu.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Pretty good website, horrible app
1. The list of institutions is in some sort of quasi alphabetical order based on key words in the name, rather than the name itself. Very confusing and makes it hard to find your institution.
2. Not all pubget institutions are listed in the app, making it impossible for some to use it.
3. Apparently some institutions don't even show up unless you are on their network - I understand not having access to articles outside of the campus network/VPN, but at least show the institution name, and then a proper error. Don't just pretend the institution doesn't exist.
4. There is no functionality in the app itself --- once you perform a search, there is no way to copy the information, link to safari, or do anything else useful. If the app did nothing but help you link to the proper web page in Safari for a given article, it would have some use.
I use the pubget web page a lot - it's made it so much easier to locate articles and download the PDF. I would love an iOS app (not just iPad - there is no reason this app can't work on iPhones....). But unfortunately this is not it.
Does not work
Tried signing in a couple of time and get a message saying that the user name has been taken. Also there isn't a choice for city universities.
Forces you to create an account, then crashes. Just use their website, much easier.