Public Art PDX
By Elsewise LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Public Art PDX showcases the rich and diverse collection of Public Art on display in and around Portland, Oregon, USA. The map view shows the location of more than 500 works of art in the metro area, from historic statues and fountains to photography, architectural integrations and murals created this year. Images, descriptions and artists' statements each work of art are all just a tap away.
With this app, you can:
* Find art near you by discipline, such as sculpture, painting, fiber or ceramic
* Tap a pin to see an image, details about the artwork and a description or artist's statement
* Discover art you never knew about tucked inside public buildings, such as fire stations
* Explore art available in neighborhoods you've never visited
* See your current location on the map to navigate among the works of art
* Search the collection by title, artist, or medium
* Share information about specific works of art via social media
Planning-your-visit mode: Not in Portland? No problem. If the app discovers you are out of the area, or can't determine your location accurately, it will start you off with a map view showing art in downtown Portland. You can move the map around from there, and find works of public art to see on your next visit. Once you arrive in Portland, your location will appear on the map along with the art, making it easier to get oriented.
Created in collaboration with the Regional Arts & Culture Council, the City of Portland's Bureau of Technology Services, and the staff of former Mayor Sam Adams.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
This update features audio narrations by George Takei, provided by the Oregon Nikkei Endowment, which introduce and explain each stone in the Japanese American Historical Plaza.
It also includes works of art such as Gwenn Seemel's mural of Working Kirk Reeves, Inversion +/- by Annie Han and Daniel Mihalyo, and St. Johns Mural by Carson Ellis.
This is a great find! Simple and usable, it sheds light and information about all of Portland's trove of Public Art. Quick access to info about pieces I see every day PLUS inspiration to seek out others I've not yet encountered.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 30, 2015
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Elsewise LLC
- © 2015 Elsewise LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.