Public Radio App
By Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Public Radio App: The ultimate mobile public radio experience with great features not found in any other app!
While others may be free, only the Public Radio App allows you to pause and rewind a live stream and view the program schedule for multiple streams at once. You can explore On Demand content and search across hundreds of stations, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to your favorite station with the alarm clock. All this, with no pop-up ads, for the price of a grande latte!
Have you ever experienced dropped streams with other free apps? With the Public Radio App, we’ve designed the streaming engine from the ground up to minimize dropped streams and recover automatically to avoid interruptions.
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from your favorite public radio stations across the nation (300+ stations supported). Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Easily find the local public radio stations with GPS, or search by station categories and call letters.
• Listen to your favorite public radio station in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access 300+ public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and local stations) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• You can also access the Radio Bookmarks created on your iPhone/iPod/iPad on your computer.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Radio Bookmark. We work closely with public radio stations in developing great solutions that allow listeners to find what they want, when they want it, and where they want it.
Please support your local public radio station!
What's New in Version 2.8.6
Corrected issue with sharing stories via email and new stations being removed.
GREAT! (Sometimes buggy)
Easiest app to use for NPR if you want to listen to a multitude of stations live AND for on demand playing of your favorite shows. If it fails on you, delete it and redownload. This has fixed mine twice in the seven years I've used this. :-)
The broadcasts through this app are terribly spotty. You often can't listen to a program for even 30 seconds at a time without the app hanging. There is no apparently connection to the program or time you are listening. It is more frustrating than it is worth. If there is ANY other option out there, use it instead. (Update: This app is even less reliable than when I tried it the first time. Do NOT bother with it.)
This app stopped working well after I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 8. The developer has updated it now and it’s working again. Out of all the iOS radio apps, I find this one the easiest to use so it’s back on my home screen now.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 2.8.6
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
- © 2009 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.