Public Radio App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Public Radio App is currently the best … public radio app to date. For serious fans, it's a must-have.” – CNET 2009
“What makes Public Radio App really powerful is its TiVo-like controls which allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward a live stream.” – geek.com 2009
Public Radio App: The ultimate mobile public radio experience with great features not found in any other app!
While others may be free, only the Public Radio App allows you to pause and rewind a live stream and view the program schedule for multiple streams at once. You can explore On Demand content and search across hundreds of stations, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to your favorite station with the alarm clock. All this, with no pop-up ads, for the price of a grande latte!
Have you ever experienced dropped streams with other free apps? With the Public Radio App, we’ve designed the streaming engine from the ground up to minimize dropped streams and recover automatically to avoid interruptions.
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from your favorite public radio stations across the nation (300+ stations supported). Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Easily find the local public radio stations with GPS, or search by station categories and call letters.
• Listen to your favorite public radio station in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access 300+ public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and local stations) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• You can also access the Radio Bookmarks created on your iPhone/iPod/iPad on your computer.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Radio Bookmark. We work closely with public radio stations in developing great solutions that allow listeners to find what they want, when they want it, and where they want it.
Please support your local public radio station!
What's New in Version 1.5
Improvements for iOS4
Customer feedback improvements
Worth Getting to access Public Radio content
I enjoy this Public Radio app and along with the free Public Radio app, With both apps, I can access all the wonderful Public Radio content that is out there. This app has a nice feature called bookmarks that enables you to bookmark shows or podcast that you want to access later. You can select stations that are your favor and have them on your opening screen saved and configured by you. You get access to On Demand content and have the ability to sort by three different options as you can see from the screen shots. You can share shows via e-mail. The live window shows you what is on and what will be on like a tv guide. I like the free Public Radio app better for searching or browsing stations by content or state, but that app with it's additional features and functions that the free app doesn't have will enable you to access and find all the Public Radio content you could ever hope for. It is worth getting if you are a public radio addict or just a regular listener along with the free app. I recommend it.
Not easy to find live streams
How in the heck do i find a list of live streams? When first accessing this app, it asked me to select a favorite station, which I did, but now when I try to use the live button to access other live streams, it does nothing. I read the help info but it was of no use.
I bought this to put on a second iPod Touch I own when I had to send my first one in for repair. On my first one, I had public radio app that worked very well and was easy to navigate. I wanted to put it on my 2nd iPod but can't seem to find it. This one seemed closest to the other one but now I'm frustrated because I can't find a list of live streams.
So, based on it's lack in intuitiveness, and the price ($2.99), I am giving it two stars.
Stay Current While Living Abroad
With the wide selection of programs, my favorites are All Things Considered and Morning Edition. Living in France, I want to keep up with human interest and news analysis across the pond. The connection drops sometimes, but I blame that on my own WiFi connection. The app is great for "On Demand" playing an entire show or selected parts of the program. I carry my phone with me from room to room and play and replay. The "Live" keeps me connected to stations in places where I grew up, lived or visited. I love the app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 25, 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
- © 2009 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.