PubMed for Handhelds (PubMed4Hh) is an app for discovering relevant health information at the National Library of Medicine. Journal abstracts, TBLs ("the bottom line" summaries) and full text articles (requires subscription to journals) can be accessed anywhere the Internet is available. It features:
- PICO (Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome): search with a well-formulated clinical query
- askMEDLINE: a free-text, natural language search tool
- Consensus Abstracts: Search using PICO or askMEDLINE then select concurring abstracts from journals. View selected TBLs and Abstracts in one page.
- CQs: Use Clinical Queries to search journal articles. Indicate Category (therapy, diagnosis, etiology, prognosis, clinical predictions guideline) and Emphasis (specific, sensitive) to focus search strategy.
- Journal Browser: read the latest abstracts and TBLs of MEDLINE indexed journals.
- Archive: save search results for reading later
- Retrieved citations may be sent by e-mail from any of the featured tools
- Compatible with iOS 6 to 8.
Minor improvement in performance
Optimized for iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says
Works great (iPhone 6+), clean interface.
Just freezes when try to search.
Worst app I have seen
No useful at all...
- Fang Liu
- 4.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 National Library of Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.