Puffin Browser Pro
By CloudMosa, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular Mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Browser Pro is the premium version of the Puffin family. It is not ad-sponsored.
Wicked Fast: Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Cloud Protection: All traffic from Puffin app to Puffin server are encrypted, a protection from nearby hackers. It’s safe to use public non-secure WiFi through Puffin, but not safe at all for most browsers.
The Latest Flash: We keep improving our cloud servers, and provide the latest Flash support over the cloud.
Save Your Bandwidth: Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing. (Please be noted that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Adobe Flash Support over Cloud
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 1G per file)
* Theater Mode
* Adjustable Flash quality
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
* Incognito tab for private browsing
* Synchronize Chrome bookmarks automatically.
==== Limitations ====
* The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
* For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
* Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Browser service is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.html
==== Suggestion ====
For all users, we suggest trying the free version before buying the full version. This can help you make sure that Puffin Web Browser works well and fulfill your needs.
What's New in Version 5.2.0
Tired of black or white backgrounds? Puffin Browser proudly presents "Special Holiday Themes". Try them out for a warm holiday feel! !
Several known issues have been fixed in this update:
* Fixed random loss of connections.
* Fixed several crashes and freezes.
* Improved connection speed for users in Southeast Asian counties.
Thanks again for using Puffin. We wish you a wonderful holiday season.
Still losing connection
Not sure what happened to my review.. but anyway.
Devs stated the random connection loss was fixed in this release. But it still continues to occur just as frequently as before. Only thing I've not encountered is the random freezes since this update(so thank you for that)
Too long to rewrite my review. Short version, puffin used to be my most absolute favorite browser. But for a long time now, it's been problematic. I cannot write pages or posts with it because it constantly loses connection and reloads the page, losing everything I've written. (My connection is stable)
Emailed support, they said they did something to address it. No different sadly. I'm very disappointed in Puffin. I cannot say it's a browser I can use that is reliable anymore.
Not to mention it took away features in some past updates and never did add them back. Like the ability to manually bring a game pad on screen. Now it's limited to just flash.
There were some uses with manually bringing it up for certain pages.
Watching anything media related on Puffin is a chore because of the frequent page reloads and losing your progress. Surprisingly downloading a file has no issue.
I miss the old Puffin...
This is by far the best browser that has flash support. I am able to be open sites and desktop mode and stream audio and video that I cannot do with other browsers. It also allows me to view shows within the browser rather than open separate apps that require provider login. With the current bug in the latest version of Deezer that does not allow streaming on cellular data, with this browser I can use it in desktop mode and go to the Deezer site and it streams the music perfectly.
Pages will load as if the phone is horizontal and won't fix till you rotate the phone and rotate is back. I have my phone in rotation lock most of the time so it's quite an annoying bug. Private mode doesn't work. Still saves web page history and still displays those webpages under most visited.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 14, 2016
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 63.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: CloudMosa, Inc.
- © 2016 CloudMosa Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.