Puffin Web Browser Free
By CloudMosa, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast Mobile Flash Browser. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Free is the free version of the Puffin family and supports Adobe Flash over cloud during "off-peak hours" from 6AM to 6PM (subject to change without prior notice).
Wicked Fast: Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Cloud Protection: All traffic from Puffin app to Puffin server are encrypted, a protection from nearby hackers. It’s safe to use public non-secure WiFi through Puffin, but not safe at all for most browsers.
The Latest Flash: We keep improving our cloud servers, and provide the latest Flash support over the cloud.
Save Your Bandwidth: Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing. (Please be noted that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Adobe Flash v16.0 support over cloud during off-peak hours (in the daytime)
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 20M per file)
* Theater Mode
* Adjustable Flash quality
* Puffin World
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Add-ons functions (Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Translator and more)
* Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
* Incognito tab for private browsing
==== $0.99 In-App Purchase ====
• Six-month subscription of Adobe Flash 24/7 support over cloud for $0.99
• One-month subscription of downloading files to cloud (up to 1G per file) for $0.99
==== Limitations ====
• The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
• For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
• Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Web Browser is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.html
What's New in Version 4.1.4
1. Bug fixes.
Good at the start, but...
So I've been using this app for a few months now, and as far as a web browser goes, it is great. Changing tabs is usually quite responsive, and overall when flash 'does' work, it works great. The fact that it has flash puts it at a distinct advantage over other mobile browsers as well.
But there are some short-comings as well. First off, flash support is limited to only a certain time of day unless you pay a dollar for 6 months. Not the worst deal in my opinion but one worth mentioning. Second, the app itself begins to get a lot more buggy than other browsers when switching between apps for more than a minute. Shut downs will happen and you'll lose your tabs. My biggest annoyance however is one I noticed progress over the course of the months I've had the app. As time passes, ads become distinctly more and more common, eventually to the point of where you're closing them off the screen every few seconds. At first ads will seem to rarely pop up, giving the impression that it's just minor detail, but with continued use this problem worsens to the point of making me nearly delete the app itself and go back to Safari.
Three stars. It's a superb browser when it works, but watch yourself if you plan continued use.
Great for Rosetta Stone
I bought Rosetta Stone online just to found out that I need flash to be able to play the course BUT THANKS TO THIS BROWSER, it's a life saving. I can't imagine how inconvenient my learning would be if I have to carry my laptop anywhere. YES I KNOW There is Rosetta Stone app on iTunes but it can't play Indonesian language which I'm learning right now. The only way to do it is with computer. I will pay even if they charge me more than what they offer right now. Thanks developers!!!!
So, After I got a iPhone a 1 week ago I decided to give my sister my laptop. After I gave it to her I was unable to play certain websites...which needed Adobe Flash. Later, I found this app called Puffin and I really LUV it because now I can do all my favorite websites and because it works so well! But 1 thing that kind of confuses me is that I think you can use this app between 6am to 6pm each day?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1.4
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CloudMosa, Inc.
- © 2014 CloudMosa Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Flash over Cloud for 6 months$0.99
- Premium Cloud Download$0.99