Puffin Web Browser
By CloudMosa, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the thrill of using Puffin, regular mobile Internet just feels like torture. Puffin Web Browser is the premium version of the Puffin family, and comes with unlimited hours of Adobe Flash support over cloud.
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Adobe Flash Support over Cloud (Flash Player 11.9)
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 100M per file)
* Sync open tabs across devices
* Theater Mode
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Add-ons functions (Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Translator and more)
* Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
==== Limitations ====
* The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
* For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
* Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Browser service is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.html
==== Suggestion ====
For all users, we suggest trying the free version before buying the full version. This can help you make sure that Puffin Web Browser works well and fulfill your needs.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
* Support HTML5 Geolocation API.
* Bug fixes.
* New Web Rendering Engine great improves HTML5 supports, and its HTML5 test score reaches 457!!
* New "Share" feature let you share web page link and screenshot to Facebook, Twitter or via Emails. You can even draw something on screenshot you shared.
* New "Theater Mode" plays Flash games and videos in complete fullscreen. You can use edge swipe to toggle keyboard, mouse or gamepad in fullscreen mode.
* New "Text Reflow" feature can auto resize font size for iPhone devices.
* Import bookmarks from desktop browsers to Puffin.
* Support file upload from DropBox.
* Fix bug that virtual keyboard in Flash may show up unexpectedly.
Needs More Support
The concept of the app is great, however, it is in serious need of support. Despite what other reviewers are saying when trying to watch flash videos this app 90% of the time does not have the support needed to watch those videos in full screen mode.
Overall this app needs work and updating to 3.7.1 has been a headache. The functionality is rough n rigid. When going from tab to tab the app freezes temporarily while transitioning from one tab to the next. In the previous ver. 3.7.0 there use to be a (X) inside the tab but now you have to go all the way out to close the window, sometimes you can close it from w/I but 90% of the time you have to go all the way out to close out that window... A headache. I don't enjoy spending 2 hours trying to get an app that I paid $$$$ for to work. I wish there was an alternative for the iphone but unfortunately in order to watch flash vids this is all there is. Also I personally don't like the multi colored tabs on the homepage it never matches my artwork they should make that customiseable too.
Refreshingly original and snappy
A full review I don't have time for. One aspect I like is that Puffin shows a nicely thought-out user interface.
Response is gratifyingly snappy. Beyond that, it has wonderful surprises:
1) You can download files into Puffin's own file system
2) At sites asking for your upload, unlike Safari which gives you ONLY the option to upload your pictures, Puffin provides a complete menu allowing you to upload from DropBox. YES...!!!
Gotta love Puffin for those two things alone, but wait...there's more. Puffin lets you run Flash files (yes, Flash is stupid and insipid, but it's also nearly universal).
Many other things, give Puffin a run. The only real nuisance for me so far is Puffin cannot import bookmarks from Safari, Mercury, or Photon, or any other browser but Puffin. A shortcoming maybe they'll fix. IF Puffin imports bookmarks I can move 100% over to Puffin and bid the others a goodbye thanks.
This is a sweet program. Apple should be embarrassed that Apple didn't even come close to Puffin's grace and elan.
Great, but needs feature from previous updates
This update doesn't seem faster than the previous ones, but is still swell. One thing, however, is that whenever I close the app and have a video opened, when I try to open the app again, it resets the video progress. I loved how it saved the point in the last updates, and with long videos, it is now much harder, trying to navigate to your last point. Everything else seems to be fine, however. I hope this issue will be fixed in the next update since I have continuously loved this app and use it everyday!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 09, 2014
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: CloudMosa, Inc.
- © 2014 CloudMosa Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.