Puffin Browser Pro
By CloudMosa, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular Mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Browser Pro is the premium version of the Puffin family. It is not ad-sponsored.
Wicked Fast: Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Cloud Protection: All traffic from Puffin app to Puffin server are encrypted, a protection from nearby hackers. It’s safe to use public non-secure WiFi through Puffin, but not safe at all for most browsers.
The Latest Flash: We keep improving our cloud servers, and provide the latest Flash support over the cloud.
Save Your Bandwidth: Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing. (Please be noted that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Adobe Flash Support over Cloud (Flash Player 17)
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 1G per file)
* Theater Mode
* Adjustable Flash quality
* Puffin World
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Add-ons functions (Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Translator and more)
* Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
* Incognito tab for private browsing
* Synchronize Chrome bookmarks automatically.
==== Limitations ====
* The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
* For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
* Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Browser service is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.html
==== Suggestion ====
For all users, we suggest trying the free version before buying the full version. This can help you make sure that Puffin Web Browser works well and fulfill your needs.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Dear users, we heard you and we're taking action!
Thank you for all the valuable feedback. We added more features and fixed several reported issues in this release.
1) Smart Desktop mode for better Flash support.
2) Editing tools for copy, paste & done.
3) Easy-to-use tab history by long pressing 'Back' or 'Forward' button.
4) Useful tools on the menu.
5) Tools for importing bookmarks.
6) Bug fixes and performance improvements
More features are coming out soon. Please stay tuned; we will continue to build awesome apps for you. If you like our work, please give us a 5 star rating!
FINALLY! Just one issue
This app is amazing for viewing websites in desktop mode and having them respond the way they would on your home PC, for filling out online forms and viewing/webpages and videos etc. The only issue I have, there are a few websites which require you to disable ad blockers in order to use content. In the past I've been able to use puffin browser successfully for these webpages. I don't know if something changed but lately I get the same alert notification on puffin browser as I do with Safari and chrome; basically the webpage tells me I have ad blocker active and I am unable to view content. This happens even when I toggle the "pop up block" to OFF-mode in the settings. If there's anyway you guys could add support so we can completely remove pop up and add blockers from running that would be amazing. If not it's still a great app but I would definitely bump it up to five stars for that feature.
Customizations still missing, bookmarks still open new tab, menu floater at bottom still there in the way, address bar still stupidly messy to deal with, self-congratulatory bandwidth counter still appears prominently everywhere. It's terrible UI design, taking no thought for actual use. This last quick update was obviously rushed out to reset the 2-star rating. Very, very disappointing after several years of quality, user-oriented work. Dropped to 1 star from 2.
--- Original 5.0 review
Major borking of a good browser. It's obvious the devs got caught up in cute at the expense of functional. Most customization options are gone. Bookmarks always open new tab. Big menu tab locked at bottom is distracting at best, often infuriating. Cute slippy-slidey address bar is unintuitive and hides most of the tabs you have open (and you're gonna have a LOT open). Sadly, it's bad enough to send me back to the loathsome Safari.
It's OK now
V. 5 was quite unexpected in a bad way since it felt like a step back from what we already had, which was super good in use and aesthetics, but luckily the last update to v.5 fix most of the problems.
Having said that, I hope you guys bring back the option to restart failed downloads ASAP, the ability to use the gamepad outside of full screen, and the auto-hide function of the menu and search bar which is quite annoying for iphone users.
Leaving that aside, puffin continues to be the best mobile web browser, there's nothing this fast out there :)
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 43.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CloudMosa, Inc.
- © 2016 CloudMosa Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.