Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular Mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Browser Pro is the premium version of the Puffin family. It is not ad-sponsored.
Wicked Fast: Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Cloud Protection: All traffic from Puffin app to Puffin server are encrypted, a protection from nearby hackers. It’s safe to use public non-secure WiFi through Puffin, but not safe at all for most browsers.
The Latest Flash: We keep improving our cloud servers, and provide the latest Flash support over the cloud.
Save Your Bandwidth: Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing. (Please be noted that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Adobe Flash Support over Cloud
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 1G per file)
* Theater Mode
* Adjustable Flash quality
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
* Incognito tab for private browsing
* Synchronize Chrome bookmarks automatically.
==== Limitations ====
* The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
* For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
* Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Browser service is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.html
==== Suggestion ====
For all users, we suggest trying the free version before buying the full version. This can help you make sure that Puffin Web Browser works well and fulfill your needs.
Tired of black or white backgrounds? Puffin Browser proudly presents "Special Holiday Themes". Try them out for a warm holiday feel! !
Several known issues have been fixed in this update:
* Fixed random loss of connections.
* Fixed several crashes and freezes.
* Improved connection speed for users in Southeast Asian counties.
Thanks again for using Puffin. We wish you a wonderful holiday season.
Ratings and Reviews
You guys are killing me (the reviewers)
Understand that this is an EXPERIMENTAL APPLICATION and probably shouldn't replace your default browser. You need a DECENT INTERNET CONNECTION TO STREAM CONTENT. People are getting errors I've never heard of, probably due to poor networking. My only complaint is the random reloading when pages are idle (or seem idle, and when they reload you loose what you were typing). Anyway great app for those who understand it.
Old Review: "Puffin can be put back together again"
As of version 5.1.1, I can say you guys have done the correct thing this time. Performance is MUCH faster, in fact, FINALLY FASTER THAN PUFFIN 4.X. The new mouse pointer is amazingly sleek and works well when you get used to it. Network cutouts are rare for me now. And you thankfully removed the "bottom bar experiment" (which took up craploads of space) so it's practical to use. Thanks for the positive update. I can finally make this my primary browser again.
What is going on with the True, Stay on this page. Leave this page box
For about 6 days now, everytime I tap something on Newsfeed, I did a white box that says "True" in black font on the top line, the next line says, "Stay on this page" in blue font and the last line says, "Leave this page" in blue font. You have to tap "stay on this page" to move on and seto e if you received the item you tapped on, when you tap on Home to get back on Newsfeed the box comes back and you have tap "Stay on this page" gain. The back arrow is not working with this new box that is coming up. Instead of just tapping (or clicking) twice to get a job done, you have to tap or click four times, which is ready slowing things up. It is doing this on my Ipad, mini Ipad, and Iphone 6s+. Please fix this.
Still losing connection
Not sure what happened to my review.. but anyway.
Devs stated the random connection loss was fixed in this release. But it still continues to occur just as frequently as before. Only thing I've not encountered is the random freezes since this update(so thank you for that)
Too long to rewrite my review. Short version, puffin used to be my most absolute favorite browser. But for a long time now, it's been problematic. I cannot write pages or posts with it because it constantly loses connection and reloads the page, losing everything I've written. (My connection is stable)
Emailed support, they said they did something to address it. No different sadly. I'm very disappointed in Puffin. I cannot say it's a browser I can use that is reliable anymore.
Not to mention it took away features in some past updates and never did add them back. Like the ability to manually bring a game pad on screen. Now it's limited to just flash.
There were some uses with manually bringing it up for certain pages.
Watching anything media related on Puffin is a chore because of the frequent page reloads and losing your progress. Surprisingly downloading a file has no issue.
I miss the old Puffin...
- CloudMosa, Inc.
- 63.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 CloudMosa Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.