Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast mobile browser. It's equipped with the next generation rendering engine, pushing loading speeds to new highs. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular Mobile Internet feels like torture. With Puffin, browsing the web couldn't be easier.
Wicked Fast: Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Cloud Protection: All traffic from Puffin app to Puffin server are encrypted, a protection from nearby hackers. It’s safe to use public non-secure WiFi through Puffin, but not safe at all for most browsers.
Best Web Gaming: We keep improving our cloud servers, and provide the best web gaming experiences over the cloud.
Save Your Bandwidth: Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing. (Please be noted that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
* Incredible Loading Speed
* Best web gaming over the cloud
* The Whole New Tabs Browsing
* Download to Cloud (Up to 1G per file)
* Theater Mode
* Adjustable Streaming quality
* Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
* Virtual Gamepad
* Full Web Experience （Desktop view and mobile view）
* Incognito tab for private browsing
* Synchronize Chrome bookmarks automatically
==== Limitations ====
• The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
• For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
• Puffin Free is an ad-sponsored app. You may purchase Puffin Pro, the ad-free version, from Apple AppStore.
• Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Web Browser is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq
Several known issues have been fixed in this update:
* Fixed several crashes and freezes.
Thanks again for using Puffin.
Ratings and Reviews
This browser ruined me!
I started using Puffin because I wanted to access Flash games on my iPad. I'm no Flash fan by any means and I look forward to it becoming unnecessary but for now there are still a few things that just can't be done without it, many games being the one for me. I tried several different browsers before I settled on Puffin as being the best I found for using Flash on iOS. When I started using it I had no idea just how fast it actually was. But I began noticing how impatient I had become trying to do anything with any other browser. I usually used Chrome, Firefox or Opera (and Safari when needed) and saw that I was beginning to click several times on the same link or button to try to get something to happen. Eventually I found myself cursing out loud at my iPad every time I had to use any browser besides Puffin. Now Puffin is my go to and I rarely use the others. I still use them when I need particular features but find myself doing so less and less and expect that eventually I'll rarely use anything but Puffin on my iPad. I only wish it was available on my iMac. Maybe it's not the perfect browser for everyone and if so I suggest you not use it for too long or you may find it impossible to go back to what you had been using before.
Although puffin is the best browser i have seen for flash games on the ipad it is definitely buggy this past month or so. There must have been an update and since the i have had all sorts of problems with it. First of all some new pop up when you try to play yoworld on facebook, it says true, under that leave and under that stay on this page. It's incredibly annoying to have to click on that every single time i try to do anything on the game.
Worse yet it started freezing constantly whch means constantly refreshing and having to click on that pop up again and again. I keep getting nothing but a white screen, the log off button won't fully open without refreshing several times. I've deleted the browser and reloaded it a few times to no avail. Up to 4-6 weeks ago I'd have given it 5 stars but not until they fix this bug. I don't play any other facebook games so don't know if there are problems with other games.
These issues seem to be unique to facebook. However like i said so far i haven't been able to find another browser that really works for flash games on the ipad.
The Flash feature is BUGGY
Every time I use the adobe flash feature on Puffin Browser, I always know that it's going to either crash or freeze when I first start using it. When I reload the page it's fine it starts working properly but literally EVERYTIME I use it, it's going to seem fine, but about 10 minutes in and it will crash and I'll have to reload the page for it to start working properly without crashing. Normally this wouldn't be problem, but when I'm playing a online MMO flash game and it crashes before I save my progress, it really makes me rage at my phone. Normally I'd just forget this app and download another app with the adobe flash feature on it, but there isn't one to my knowledge. So I'm stuck with browser, where when I do something that involves adobe flash and cause it to lag and then freeze up. It's a real pain to deal with because I use this app to play flash games on a cool website, but I always expect it to crash, because it does. Oh btw It's a good browser when your not using the adobe flash feature on it, but I'd recommend Google Chrome if you want a really fast browser.
- CloudMosa, Inc.
- 66.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 CloudMosa Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.