LinkedIn Pulse: The news and insights you need to know
By Alphonso Labs Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pulse by LinkedIn is the professional news app tailored to you. This Apple Design Award-winning app allows you to customize your news reading experience, easily explore compelling professional content, and share stories to your favorite social networks. Sign in with your LinkedIn account to sync what you’re already following, save articles, and join the conversation.
Get up to speed in one news feed: get Pulse.
- A new streamlined reading experience and simplified navigation make it even easier to discover compelling professional content.
- Sign in with your LinkedIn account to easily save, discover and share with your professional network. Discuss what’s trending with millions of professionals worldwide
- Your content, everywhere. Sign in with LinkedIn and the app will deliver articles from channels you follow on the site and people in your network.
- Easily browse thousands of trusted sources, from major publications and LinkedIn Influencers to blogs and beyond
- Discover insightful content from Pulse’s comprehensive catalog of thousands of sources. New and noteworthy publishers and Influencers each week
- Customize feeds based on your interests to get fresh, personalized content delivered daily. You can also directly import your Reader RSS feeds
- Share with your favorite networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Sync your sources. When you login with LinkedIn you ensure that what you follow and save is available on all your devices. Saved stories can also be sent to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper, or Readability
- No Internet? No problem. Pulse effortlessly loads the stories you read so they’re ready whenever and wherever you are
What's New in Version 4.0.6
- Improved reading experience on iPad
- Bug fixes and speed improvements
This used to be my favorite app, now with the recent updates it is unusable and a waste of space on my iPad. It no longer remembers the groups I organize my feeds into and every time I reorganize them it scrambles them when I close the app. It freezes, refuses to load hyperlinks, and crashes constantly. It no longer loads articles for half of my feeds. A single star rating does not truly express how abysmal the user experience has become. Went from my #1 app to deleted. I would not recommend this app because the time spent customizing will likely be a waste.
Great news app with a minor limitations
The app is helpful to quickly review various news sources. The one limitation I've found is that while the app and abstracts load quickly, frequently, the click to read on the web results in very long delays on a 20+mbs 4g connection.
Keeps getting better
There's only been a couple times that they've made updates I disliked, but they're great about recognizing these mistakes and quickly rectifying them.
I've used Pulse as my default news aggregator for years and will continue to do so.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 4.0.6
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Alphonso Labs Inc
- © 2011 Alphonso Labs Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.