LinkedIn Pulse: The news and insights you need to know
By Alphonso Labs Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pulse by LinkedIn is the professional news app tailored to you. This Apple Design Award-winning app allows you to customize your news reading experience, easily explore compelling professional content, and share stories to your favorite social networks. Sign in with your LinkedIn account to sync what you’re already following, save articles, and join the conversation.
Get up to speed in one news feed: get Pulse.
- A new streamlined reading experience and simplified navigation make it even easier to discover compelling professional content.
- Sign in with your LinkedIn account to easily save, discover and share with your professional network. Discuss what’s trending with millions of professionals worldwide
- Your content, everywhere. Sign in with LinkedIn and the app will deliver articles from channels you follow on the site and people in your network.
- Easily browse thousands of trusted sources, from major publications and LinkedIn Influencers to blogs and beyond
- Discover insightful content from Pulse’s comprehensive catalog of thousands of sources. New and noteworthy publishers and Influencers each week
- Customize feeds based on your interests to get fresh, personalized content delivered daily. You can also directly import your Reader RSS feeds
- Share with your favorite networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Sync your sources. When you login with LinkedIn you ensure that what you follow and save is available on all your devices. Saved stories can also be sent to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper, or Readability
- No Internet? No problem. Pulse effortlessly loads the stories you read so they’re ready whenever and wherever you are
What's New in Version 4.0.5
- Enhanced discovery of new channels in the Pulse catalog. Tap the search icon to see more.
- Tap the title of a channel to browse stories in an immersive full screen experience.
- Fixes for issues in sharing articles
Making great strides!
Thank you for fixing some big things
Love the new icon. Curious when the iPad will get some love. Tapping on the title of a channel is the coolest feature to come to the iPhone app since multitasking was enabled way back when. Thank you!
Only qualms that persist for me are gifs rarely loading without having to go the stories' site. And Also stories often don't continually load as you swipe to new stories, you have to back out of the story and then cross your fingers the app will then load additional stories to swipe through and not throw you back to the beginning of your channel's list where you just start swiping all over again to read stories of the day/week
Pulse: The Tragedy of News Apps (an Alphonso Labs Story)
Pulse use to be this great app that was rich and intuitive. I checked it everyday, and everything was great.
Fast forward to now.
This app is absolute 100% pure garbage now. It's always something new with each update that makes me hate it more and more. I have used this app for the past few years, and I think I have reached the end of line. I don't get how you consistently mess up what once was (what I believed to be) the #1 news app.
•constantly fixing things that don't need fixing
•stupid linkedin integration. Who cares?
•being able to maneuver around in this app is more frustrating than ever before
•videos, gifs, and sometimes even articles don't load
•to top it off, a new hideous icon
the only thing you guys have done right was the dark theme add-on. The rest is completely forgettable.
so congrats, Alphonso Labs. You turned something great into something dumb.
Pulse was one of my favorite apps, something that I recommended to everyone who asked me about my "must have" apps. Simple, efficient, and incredibly useful! However, in the recent updates, this app has gone downhill.
Guys, what are we doing here? What is the goal of this app now? Who are the designers and managers behind these 'upgrades'? I think you need to take a step back and rethink this whole process. It has been a failure, and it would be good to note that, before everyone leaves for greener pastures.
I'm sorry to be harsh, but it's really unpleasant when someone messes with something that you really like. There are other aggregators that are out there that we can I'll try to use, but Pulse was a favorite. Please bring it back!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 28, 2014
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Alphonso Labs Inc
- © 2011 Alphonso Labs Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.