"PulseModem A" is an APRS client, that reads and reports APRS location and messages.
APRS is a digital communications protocol that can exchanges information among large number of stations both local and global.
You as a licensed Amateur Radio operators can send and receive APRS location and message in 2 ways:
- Direct to the APRS-IS Network
- Sent via amateur radios supporting VHF Band at 144MHz.
Full AX.25 software AFSK modem is available for off-the-grid operations. Internet optional!
APRS is a registered trademark of Bob Bruninga.
Improved error handling when APRS servers have "port full" error
Ratings and Reviews
So far so good!
Been looking for a good APRS app since I switched to an iPhone a few years ago. This app is a big step in the right direction!
4 stars for now to give room for improvement. The app is super easy to use and I was up and running in less than 2 min! It does 80% of what I want out of the box. Awesome!
Constructive feedback that would get me to 5 stars:
- it needs a messaging interface. A way to send / receive messages between stations or receive bulletins. And a way to view old messages / threads. Similar to the Messages interface on iOS.
- please let us display the call sign of a station on the map. Or make that a configurable option.
- please let us configure the distance to filter packets on the APRS-IS network. I might want to see more / less than 100km.
- please add the ability to beacon automatically every x min or x miles or something like that.
This is definitely a step in the right direction and could fill a huge void on iOS for APRS apps. I’d definitely consider paying for more functionality. Thanks!
I want to like it
I was getting this set up and clicked the RF receive button at the bottom. The app crashed and no longer opens even after a manual app kill and relaunch. iOS 12.0.1 6s
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.