Punchtime for Trello
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Punchtime: Time tracking and analysis for any project on Trello.
Punchtime adds powerful time tracking to Trello. The Punchtime app complements the free Punchtime service by letting you track time wherever you are. You can track time either by setting the duration, or by using a timer while you work.
With the app, you can:
- quickly track time on any of your Trello boards
- further categorize your logs using a description, labels and cards
- use a timer while you work
- get easy access to the Punchtime web app to view logs and insights for a board
To log on a card:
- create a card on a Trello board, then add yourself to the card
- in the Punchtime app, select the board
- or, if the board was already selected, pull down to refresh
- tap on Card, and select the card
- optionally: set a description, select other members, set a label
- set a duration, or start a timer – when done, tap the checkmark to save your log
This app requires a free Punchtime account. Learn more and sign up at http://www.punchti.me
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Fug bixes and performance improvements.
Not for individuals
I gave it an honest try for a full week, learning everything I could about how to use it and honestly wanting to like it—and I can honestly say I hate it. NOTHING is intuitive or easy to use about this app or its online extension.
The only positive thing I can say is that it might be good for teams that work on various overlapping projects in an office environment where everyone needs to pay attention to how much time each person spends on a given project and there’s no clear way to keep track of it. If those multiple conditions are all you, then go for it!
It is NOT for individuals trying to keep track of their time on various projects or areas of life. Oh, I wish it were. For now, I’ll stick with ATracker, and I’ll thank my heavens for it even though it doesn’t integrate with Trello one bit.
Great companion to the web interface
Saw the bad reviews and almost didn't try the app but it works perfectly. There are a couple of instructions to follow to set it up properly, but it's simple and easy to use and a nice way to log time on the go.
The service itself works seamlessly with trello online (via browser extension) and adds very helpful functionality for seeing cumulative individual and team time spent on various tasks in a clear, well-organized way.
I thought the app worked good. I didn't have any issues. I would give another star if the app posted the punches to the trello card so the team can see how much time has been logged on each card and by whom.