The Purdue Tree Doctor app has been developed by experts at Purdue University to help people better identify and manage tree problems caused by a variety of factors, including insects and diseases. Landscape professionals, arborists, and garden center personnel can use this app to improve communication with their customers.
Information in this app is useful in the Midwestern and Eastern United States.
* Identify tree problems by matching damaged plant parts to over 1000 high-resolution photos.
* Check diagnoses with detailed descriptions of damage and stages of problem development linked to each photo.
* Get the latest unbiased recommendations from Purdue University experts on how to manage over 175 tree problems on over 60 kinds of trees.
* Search information by tree or by pest.
• Improved content and formatting
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for browsing diseases by species
App is very helpful to narrow down possible known problems for a species and as a reference guide for signs and symptoms. Pictures are great, info is great.
You have to know the disease or look up every disease listed. No option to describe problem, (i.e. Brown leaves, needles falling, etc.) Don't waste your time or money.
Great reference & Very convenient.
I am a college graduate and have been in the plant health care industry for over 10 years. I was pleasantly surprised with the intuitive format and impressed with how many different pests/ woody species were available for reference. Each disorder is well defined along with decent photos and key ID bullet points for quick reference. This is not a learning tool for novice horticulturist. If you cannot ID plants, this app may not be for you. For any professionals, botany/ plant pathology students, arborist, urban foresters, nurserymen, golf course superintendents, or PHC salespeople -
This is an great horticultural reference application for only $2.00!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.