Boiler Up your iPhone and iPad with the Purdue University app. Whether you are in West Lafayette or across the globe, you can access Purdue news and information no matter where you are.
Updated features will let users find point-to-point directions via the campus map, or find an open lab, or what is on the menu for dinner, and with push notifications enabled, you’ll receive safety information. Browse news stories, search for people in the directory, watch videos from the Purdue YouTube channel, learn about campus events and enjoy extras like the Purdue fight song.
• Campus map – Need to find your way to your next class or to Ross-Ade Stadium from your parking spot? Access the campus map to find out where you are, where you want to go and the best way to get there.
• News - Keep track of happenings on campus by browsing through Purdue news stories. It's easy to stay up to date on everything from concerts and performances to student success programs and the top research news from Purdue faculty.
• Videos - Get direct access to the Purdue YouTube channel, where you can watch videos highlighting student life, research, noteworthy programs and coverage of events including Grand Prix and the Rube Goldberg machine competition.
• Calendar – Whether you are looking for the time and location of the next football game or need to find out when spring break is, you can find all the dates you need, and now you can add Purdue events to your own calendar.
• Menus – Hungry after class? View all of the food choices from our award-winning dining courts across campus.
• Buses – Want to find out when the bus will show up at your stop? You can look and be updated in real time of the status of the bus coming to your stop and even when the next ones will arrive.
• Safety – Enable push notifications and learn what it takes to be safe on campus, who you can contact and all about the Ready Purdue system of alerts.
• Labs – Need to find a computer lab that is open and has available computers? Easily find open locations, with details on the number of computers available near your dorm or classroom.
• Directory – Find any faculty, staff or student you need to contact through our campus directory.
• Tours – Download and view the Purdue Campus Tours app, which highlights the various sections of campus and guides you to the landmarks that make up part of our Purdue Traditions.
• Photos – View scenes from events and watch the seasons change on Purdue’s campus.
• Extras - If you often have the urge to break into "Hail Purdue," look no further. Use the app to listen to the fight song or the “Go Purdue! Cheer” among other choices.
Updated features include a new campus map, with functioning layers so you can find your way around campus easily. As well as updates to our calendars and safety features.
Ratings and Reviews
Please put back campus map!!!
I completely agree with the previous review about the map feature not usable any more in the new version of the Purdue app. The campus building map layer was very useful. The unlabeled pins on google map are not!! Directions are not useful either since most of us know at least roughly the campus layout. To me it is useless to show a list of buildings by distance to my current location. I often look up the map at home. I know how to get to the campus. I just need to see the location of the building on a map, perhaps next to other buildings that I know well.
I quit using the Purdue app. Instead I either look up the Campus map in my browser (laptop) or consult the pdf campus map that I stored on my iPhone. It lacks my current position but is usable, allowing me quickly to find the building of my destination.
Please bring back the campus map layer! Directions and pins on google map etc can be features in the app but the campus buildings map at a glance and user’s current location should be front and center in the map function.
Update is awful, especially map
The main reason I use this app is for the map. It used to be so nice with a campus map overlayed over a map of the area. I could easily find a building without searching. If I DID have to search, they made that easy as well.
Now, however, the map is covered by hundreds of unlabeled pins! The only way to know what a pin is is by clicking it, which itself is laggy. Not to mention you cannot see the map underneath it at all because of it. And the search system is completely garbage. It organizes the buildings BY DISTANCE! How am I supposed to search for a building that I don't know the location of if the search function organizes the buildings only by distance?! If there is a way to organize it any other way, not only does that way NEED to be default, but you need a way for the user to change it.
As for the rest of the app, I barely attempted to navigate through it because of how laggy everything is. I click on something and there is either a 2-second delayed response or no response at all. Very very frustrating.
Please please please at least fix the map. It was incredibly convenient and now is ridiculously unusably inconvenient. Maybe even just put a map in a separate app.
Go back to the old map
Most things about the app are ok, but this current map has been useless ever since it was brought on. When the app first came out, it showed a layout of buildings with all the abbreviations that are seen on the schedules. This let students see where buildings were in relation to each other. Then the devs made a change that only inconveniences people by relying on the OS map and showing the distance of the building in relation to location. With the old layout, you could figure out which direction to go in. I highly recommend going to the old map format and leaving out the need to redirect to the OS map when you decide to update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.