Delete photos fast. Really, really fast.
CNET: "... delete photos faster, with less tedious tapping and more swiping."
The Next Web: "Purrge lets you swipe (in feline fashion) ... to quickly delete rejects."
iDownloadBlog: "If your main focus is on deleting mass quantities of photos with a swipe, this is perfect for you."
AppAdvice: "... purge unwanted items from your photo library using simple swipe gestures."
iPhone Photography School: "... delete unwanted photos with cat-like reaction speed..."
Matts Apps: "... incredibly simple design... I really can't believe I haven't found an app like this before."
@thejaketrease "This is possibly my most-used app now."
@eevonvon "This app speaks to me on so many levels..."
@yeesamson "Simple and beautifully done. Delete unwanted photos from your iPhone, save space and time."
@MDJCreative "Purrge is a great app for clearing out your burgeoning iPhone camera feed."
@ccarella "... I love this idea for a mobile camera roll utility."
@PleaseEnjoy "The annoyance of deleting iPhone photos 1 by 1 has been solved by this awesome app..."
@mitchellholder "Have always wanted this..."
Purrge is a beautifully designed app for staying on top of your ever growing photo library. The app takes full advantage of simple swipe, drag, and flick gestures to make deleting pictures easy, fast, and (dare we say) enjoyable.
Grid View: Select photos one at a time or select multiple photos at once by swiping across.
Single Photo View: Swipe up ↑ to delete. Swipe back and forth between photos to determine which photos you want to purge from your library. Shake to undo!
Today View Widget: Keep an eye on your photo count when you're not using the app.
Simplify photo management, delete photos lightning fast, get rid of screenshots, duplicates, and bad photos, and free up memory on your iPhone and iPad.
You can kiss (or hiss) these errors goodbye:
"Cannot Take Video"
"Cannot Take Photo"
"Not Enough Storage"
"Storage Almost Full"
Photo hoarders rejoice!
Meow at us @purrgeapp on Twitter.
Meow chicka meow meow!
New in this version (or shall we say purr-sion?)
- Cat Sounds. You're welcome. Toggle on/off in the new settings view. But who would turn them off?
- More Cat Sounds. Um. About that... #priorities
- Today View Widget. Can't get enough swiping? Neither could we. Swipe like a cat ninja down from the top of your phone (no matter where you are) and check out how many photos are in your camera roll + recently deleted. Requires a little bit of effort on your part -- you've gotta install the widget. Do it!
- Select All. You asked for it. Kitty-kaboom! All your photos gone in one fell swipe.
- Recently Deleted Count. A little nudge instructing you on how to empty the litter box (aka "recently deleted") Because space.
- Vote on Down Swipes. The o-purr-tunity to vote on a future feature. What the fancy feast should swipe-downs do? Just swipe down in individual photo view to vote.
- Sharing. So, you're purrging happily and, all of a sudden, you come across a photo of yourself that is purrty amazing. You wanna share it, don't you? Heck yes, you do. Tap the share button in the bottom right in individual photo view. And we don't even brand the share. Because you're worth it.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! But Need browsing by Album
Super easy and fun way to get rid of my random and no longer needed picture!!
However it would be great if I could check my photos by album... One common use case: I have tons of screenshots! Most of them are just one time used photos so I usually have to go to the screenshot album and delete the newly added photos.
(I realized that if I delete a photo in albums that are create by me, they are actually not deleted but 'removed' from the album... It might cause some problem? I don't know..)
Cleared storage on my iPhone in <1 minute
I traded my new 64GB iPhone with my daughter’s 16GB iPhone as she had over 2,000 photos and videos and was almost out of storage space. I couldn’t even download the update as there wasn’t enough room. Plus I didn’t want all the photos and videos. Then I found Purrge and within 15 minutes of finding the app, I was updating my iPhone. Awesome way to delete photos on an iPhone and worth every penny!
Doesn't Delete Anything
If you have a LOT of photos, this doesn't work. I have 25,000 photos on my phone that I am trying to get rid of and this was NOT the solution. It can delete 1 photo or a dozen with no problem. But you can do that easily with the photo app. If you try to delete thousands of photos with the app, it just freezes and does nothing. Obviously the testers at CNET never bother to test this with a very LARGE photo library. I'll be requesting a refund from the app store.
- 17.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AppJester, 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Cat Sounds $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.