Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pushover is a simple push notification service that integrates easily into web apps like IFTTT, network monitoring systems, shell scripts, and anything else that needs to send alerts to your iPhone, iPad, Desktop, and other mobile devices. App has a free 7-day trial and unlimited usage beyond the trial requires a one-time in-app purchase.
Pushover includes an Apple Watch app and complications so you can push custom data straight to your watch face with our Glances API.
Visit https://pushover.net/ to find apps, plugins, and services that support Pushover, or get an API key for your own app.
What's New in Version 2.5.3
- Performance improvements
- Fix for an occasional crash when opening a message from a notification
- Minor Apple Watch app fixes
- Show per-application icons on notifications on iOS 10
- Add option to sync notification dismissals across all of your iOS 10 and Android devices
- Push data straight to a complication on your Apple Watch with our new Glances API
- Add options to force playing your chosen default notification sounds, overriding per-message sounds
- Handle multiple emergency-priority messages better, with option to acknowledge all at once
- Use built-in browser for URLs by default to avoid having to open Safari (iOS 9+)
- Add option to store 1000 messages
- Update minimum supported iOS version to 8.0
Great - Few Improvements for 5 Stars
I tried this out and bought since Boxcar was discontinued (and had been unreliable for some time before that).
The UI is a bit sparse, but I'm not taking away anything for that. The few improvements I would need to give it the last star are:
1. Swipe to delete (an archive option would also be nice to see prior notifications). Right now you have to go into each notification and select the trash icon.
2. 3D Touch for peek-and-pop from main screen into details and from app icon to main screen.
3. A Today widget.
It would be nice to have full-end-to-end encryption.
Also, there's a desktop/browser app available which I haven't tried yet.
Works great, using for almost a year
I have been using this app for almost a year for sending several alerts during a day sometimes 100+, and it works really well. I use it for sending automated alerts from applications that I run so I can do some real time monitoring
This service and app rocks. The API is just plain amazing. If I could have one wish it would be to have a the ability to use a custom alert sound, but who knows how they could pull that off. This app and service changed the way I think about alerts from scripts and has inspired in me many new ideas. Thanks!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Superblock, LLC
- © 2012-2016 Superblock, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pushover License$4.99