Pushpin for Pinboard
By Lionheart Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pushpin is a beautiful, blazing fast, and feature-packed Pinboard client for iOS. Designed for both power users and newbies alike, Pushpin lets you browse, search, add, edit, and delete bookmarks seamlessly with a gorgeous interface. It also comes with two easy-to-use share extensions to help you quickly add bookmarks from any app.
Pushpin also has a powerful and flexible URL scheme, full support for Pinboard feeds, saved searches, offline reading support, integration with read later services like Instapaper, Readability, and Pocket, and the list goes on. But don't just take our word for it...
** BEFORE YOU BUY **
Offline reading is currently unavailable due to an unexpected shutdown of Readability's API. A future version will address this.
~~ Testimonials ~~
"I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again. If you buy only one Pinboard client for iOS, then your best bet would be Pushpin." - Pedro Lobo
"I wished hard enough and it came true: the clean, clear, and stable Pinboard iOS app of my dreams was written and released by someone much smarter than me and you should give them your money" - Jim Jazwiecki
"This is exactly what I want in a Pinboard app" - Alex Payne
~~ Features ~~
* Download your recent, unread, or all of your bookmarks for offline reading (including full webpages, with HTML, CSS, & JS).
* Search bookmarks at ridiculous speeds across titles, descriptions, URLs, and tags.
* Easily navigate to unread, starred, private, untagged, or public bookmarks (or custom feeds, such as unread+starred, of your choosing).
* Browse Recent, Network, Popular, Wikipedia, Fandom, and Japanese feeds.
* Hide, show, and reorder both personal and community feeds to suit your tastes.
* Send links to Pocket, Instapaper, or Readability.
* Save your searches and set them as your default feeds when you start up Pushpin.
* View tag autocompletions when adding or updating bookmarks.
* View and save feeds for specific users and tags, or any combination of the two.
* Browse and edit your tags, and view the number of times they've been used.
* Add a bookmark by switching to Pushpin with a URL on your clipboard.
* Customizable fonts.
* VoiceOver support.
* Share extensions for quick saving to Pinboard from any app that uses that built-in iOS share sheet.
* Built-in iOS Spotlight integration. Search your bookmarks from anywhere.
~~ Native Reader View and Fast In-App Browser ~~
* Fully customizable, native reader view (powered by Readability).
* Change the font, margin, background color, and line spacing.
* Share bookmarks to any app supporting iOS 8 share extensions.
~~ Premium Fonts ~~
New! Enhance your Pushpin reading experience with three beautifully-designed fonts from independent type foundries.
* Flex and Brando from Bold Monday.
* Lyon from Commercial Type.
~~ Built for Power-Users ~~
* Batch editing! Easily add or remove tags, change privacy, or update unread status for multiple bookmarks at a time.
* Keyboard shortcuts.
* Native integration with 1Password.
* Extensive URL scheme for adding bookmarks on the fly, opening URLs with the in-app browser, or viewing feeds for users or tags. Visit http://bit.ly/PushpinURL for more information on Pushpin's URL scheme.
To read more, visit http://lionheartsw.com/software/pushpin/
What's New in Version 4.1.1
iOS 9 is here and that means native search integration! Bookmarks will now appear whenever you search for anything using Spotlight. In order to use Pushpin's advanced search syntax, you'll still need to search within the app itself. In addition to this and a few other iOS 9 improvements...
* Fixed: A crash could occur when saving bookmarks via the Read Later or Bookmark extensions.
* Fixed: The Bookmark extension could frustratingly slow to use. There were some good reasons for this (making an API call to check if a bookmark already existed), but lately it just got absurd. So, we sped it up. A lot.
* Fixed: There were circumstances where the navigation bar wasn't lined up properly on iPad.
* Fixed: Tapping an empty note on the notes page would cause the app to crash.
Lastly, if you're a fan of Pushpin, please consider taking a moment to write a nice review. If you've already written a review for a previous version, please resubmit it as the App Store resets reviews with each new update. Thank you so much, it really helps!
Broken and lagging behind competition
This is the most expensive Pinboard app available on the App Store. I gladly paid the ten dollars for what was at first a great experience. Sadly, it has since gone to seed and lags far behind its competitors. It does not support Safari View Controller for in-app opening of links with content blocking (available since iOS 9, almost a year and a half ago), it does not have a functioning reading mode and the "read later" extension crashes (both primary selling points...), it does not have a dark/night mode, it does not allow for starred bookmarks or the editing of URLs for existing bookmarks (both crucial features for a bookmarking app...) and it does not support the larger iPad Pro screen size. It is neither "blazing fast" (except at crashing) nor "feature-packed," in other words. And this is all at twice the cost of the two main alternatives (Pinner, Pinswift). Unless and until this is updated, you'd do well to steer clear of it. Don't hold your breath though—the developer says no updates are planned except to prevent it from crashing.
So glad this one's back!
I have missed this app for the last few months. I was part of the beta test team and when the update was delayed I was very distraught.
Now it's squarely back on my home screen. The new update zips up a few loose ends and runs great on iOS9/iPhone6. Saving bookmarks was quick and accurate. The share sheet extension worked well. Search function was quick and supported substring matching which was one of my gripes with a competing app.
Overall a very smooth and polished Pinboard client, and one that will not disappoint!
Great App! Please Consider Night Mode
I love this app and am happy to pay for it. I tried Pinner and others but find this to have the best auto-filled description and tags. There's really only one thing I wish I could see and that would be a night mode for navigating the app itself. The reader mode has it, but I find it jarring in the dark when I leave reader mode and go back to the app navigation. This would put this app over the top!
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 01, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Lionheart Software LLC
- © 2015 Lionheart Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Fonts$1.99