This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Puzzle Sidekick is a set of tools, reference material, and links for anyone who plays The Game, solves puzzle hunts, plays Alternate Reality Games, participates in transmedia storytelling, or solves puzzle trails. The tools range from decoder-ring style codebreaking to countdown timer prediction. The reference material includes word frequency, morse code, semaphore, and more.
*NOTE* This application is for iOS 7 only. If you are stuck on an earlier version of iOS, you can still use the “ARG Tools” app.
Included in this package are:
◦ Search for words matching patterns (e.g. all possible crossword answers)
◦ ROT-N (from 1 to 26, including ROT-13)
◦ Vigenere / Beaufort
• Character Encodings
◦ Baudot Code
◦ Letters to numbers (1..26) and ASCII
◦ Nautical Flags
◦ Moon Alphabet
◦ Morse Code (two representations)
◦ Myst D'ni Glyphs
◦ Phonetic alphabet
◦ Pigpen Cipher (two representations)
◦ Roman Numerals
◦ Semaphore (two representations)
• Tools and Reference
◦ Telephone digits to letters (2=ABC, 3=DEF, etc.), optionally constrained by dictionary words. 228 becomes ACT, BAT, and CAT
◦ A red/green/blue color mixer with hex and decimal values
◦ A list of common English words, letters, letter pairs
◦ Billiard ball colors
◦ Books of the Bible
◦ Countdown timer prediction
◦ Dart board scoring
◦ Dewey Decimal System
◦ ISO Country Codes
◦ Mathematical Constants, Prime Numbers
◦ Music Notes and their Frequencies
◦ Password Generator
◦ Periodic Table
◦ Resistor Color Codes
◦ Ring Sizes
◦ Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac
◦ Quick access to Google, Wikipedia, Sudoku Step-Solving, Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
The design goals of this application include:
• Easy to use in the field
• Small enough to be downloadable over the air so you can quickly obtain it without WiFi access
What's New in Version 2.2
This version adds the following features:
● A tool to turn phone numbers into words (2=ABC, 3=DEF, etc.), optionally constrained by dictionary words. 228 becomes ACT, BAT, and CAT
● Added a Braille entry keypad as an alternate view under the Braille table.
It also makes the following fix:
● The Braille character for '/' has been corrected.
I'm just stunned 😹
A couple days ago I contacted the developer for the original version of this app (AGR tools) I had used the app for a few hours and found out it didn't support upcoming iOS 11 so they contacted me and I'm glad to know it's here and better than the old version
I was worried that the program ARG Tools was going away because of the update to OS 11. It is now better than ever. This is an excellent program. Thanks for updating it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brian Enigma
- © 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.