View weather conditions in your neighborhood, or even right in your own backyard!
Weather readings and charts are displayed for stations in the Weather Underground personal weather station network, which encompasses over a quarter million weather stations around the world.
Quickly find stations near your current location, or search locations around the world and store them in your Favorites for easy viewing.
Current and high/low weather data for temperature, dewpoint, barometric pressure, humidity, wind, rain, solar radiation, and UV Index are visible for multiple stations. Charts of the day's weather data are also presented.
* Temperature: Current, High/Low
* Wind Chill
* Heat Index ("Feels Like" temperature)
* Dewpoint: Current, High/Low
* Humidity: Current, High/Low
* Wind Speed: Direction, Current, High
* Wind Gust: Current, High
* Pressure: Current, High/Low
* Rain: Today's Total, Last Hour
* Solar Radiation: Current, High
* UV Index: Current, High
Charts of the current day's data:
* Dew Point
* Barometric Pressure
* Wind Speed
* Wind Gust
* Wind Direction
* Rainfall Rate and Cumulative
* Solar Radiation
* UV Index
* Fixed wind values not correctly being converted to the selected units.
* The list of favorite stations should no longer have overlapping text if you have your device text size increased.
* Some of you have reported the app crashing right off the bat. I'm still not 100% sure of the cause, but it seems to be happening mostly with users in the UK. I put in some additional error trapping that may help, but that may just change it from crashing to showing no data. Let me know what you experience.
Very little work has been done in the app for the last several months because I didn't know if the app would be able to survive past the end of the year. IBM (owners of Weather Underground) announced several months ago that the old data API was being shut down in favor of a new one. It wasn't until very late in the year before I knew if the new API would still have the data I needed and if I would be able to afford it. This is also why I put on hold the work I was doing to add an option to remove the ad banner. I did not want to take money from users only to have the app completely shut down a few months later.
Fortunately I was able to work things out with IBM for the new API so now the app lives on and I can resume work on it. I have an ever increasing wish list (yes, including the ability to remove the ad banner) that I can now work on without worry that the app will shut down soon.
* The new API should fix the recent problem with the "Last Updated" time sometimes being minutes or hours old.
* However it's not perfect and I have already reported a few bugs. The biggest of which is that temperature and dew point values do not have any decimal place values. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the graphing ability. Best app I've found yet for PWS monitoring. The only thing I don’t like is the graphing intervals. For instance, my UV sensor will have Y axis graphing intervals of 0,0,1,1,2,3.... rather than a standard graph intervals 0,1,2,3... same thing for wind! Currently it has intervals of 0,4,7,11,15,18 on the graph - these numbers are not the same distance apart. This is misleading and poor practice when making any graph. I’m a stickler for accurate representation. Also, it would be nice to have UV readings to the tenth decimal point rather than whole number. My Davis 6163 reports it to weather underground that way. Otherwise, it’s awesome and way more handy than WUnderground and my go to app!
GREAT station monitoring app!
As the owner of a PWS (and a NWS meteorologist), I have used/posted to/monitored the wunderground app for years. While that app offers more features (forecast, photos, etc.), I’ve been frustrated by how difficult it can be to use it to find the actual current and past data from an individual station on a mobile device (iPad) - which is where this app is FAR superior! My one request to the developer would be to allow for the option of showing the data from a station selected from the map WITHOUT having to first add it as a favorite.
Handy weather data
I can get the weather conditions in my front yard 10 times faster with this than the ad-filled weather channel app. The graphs are very useful for historical data which no one else provides. How cold did it get last night? My only complaint is that the barometric pressure readings are off. My only suggestion is to link in a five day forecast. Then I will never use TWC again. Ever! It would also be cool to swipe right and view previous weather. Regardless I love this app and it’s totally worth it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.