pwSafe 2 - Password Safe
By App77, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
pwSafe 2 offers TouchID, Safari and apps autofill, iPhone 6+ landscape mode, adaptive text, a new design and much more on top of pwSafe 1.
Easy, secure and full featured password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud or Dropbox to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between your iOS devices and computers. It is compatible with open source Password Safe. No in-app purchases are needed for unlimited usage, including iCloud sync (see below).
Now available for the Mac with iCloud Sync - https://app77.com/getPwSafeMac
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
== What people are saying about pwSafe:
***** "Brilliant! - Passwords in sync at last!" -- Daddio1946 from Australia
***** "Great integration and support - PasswordSafe is great and this app makes it even better! Easy to setup and use. Their support for big fixes is great and the turn around time is short." -- Joeartz from the USA
***** "Very good, better than it's rivals, does what it's supposed to do AND the copy-feature is EX-CELLENT!" -- WaiWera from New Zealand
***** "I highly recommend this app for anyone who has a large number of usernames or hard-to-remember passwords." -- razor11401 from Canada
***** "Excellent tool for multiplatform password storage - Excellent tool that enhances my online security by creating complex and long passwords without the inconvenience of retyping them time and time again." -- AmberTiara from Neaderland
== List of features:
- TouchID unlocks
- Safari and apps autofill (extension)
- Smart Pasteboard: tilt your device face down to switch between username and password when using other apps
- Can open safes from any cloud service with an iOS 8 Storage Provider Extension
- Print a hardcopy of your data
- New iPad with Retina display & iPhone 5 support
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Dropbox sync**, fully automatic and bi-directional
- Password generation
- Master password
- Universal binary - iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch optimized
- Compatible with the famous open source Password Safe desktop app
- Search all fields
- Organize entries in groups
- Single tap password copy to clipboard
- Single tap password copy to clipboard and open website
- Clear password from clipboard after one minute
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- iTunes file sharing
- Receives safes as e-mail attachments (please name your safes with a .psafe3 extension)
- Opens safes from Dropbox (free without sync, paid otherwise)
- Export to PDF (encrypted, of course)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Named password policies
- Fully compatible with Password Safe version 3.31 file format
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Open source
** Syncing via Dropbox is an In-App purchase.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for more than a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 8.5
Fixed in 8.5:
- “File does not exist” when trying to open iCloud Drive safes outside pwSafe's folder
Fixed in 8.4
- Crash duplicating base of alias/shortcut
- Crash moving/deleting indexed safe
- Dropbox would not link without Dropbox app
- "Tap here to create new safe" wouldn't disappear after opening external safe
Fixed in 8.3:
- "Can't open file" errors. You can now use safe names with non-English characters.
- Manage Locations on the external safes menu now show all apps.
- Edit button now restores state after cancelling deletion.
Everyone needs this App!
I bought this app years ago when the original was introduced. I have used it literally everyday since. I went from haphazardly using a small notebook to keep up with multiple passwords to relying on PW Safe. Recently, I started getting messages in IOS that the app would fail on the next update...scared me! I Googled a solution and discovered this newest version. I was skeptical that my old safe would not convert, but my fears were immediately calmed. I used Dropbox, and everything was quickly and safely converted. I never knew what I was missing with these upgrades of searches and copying pws without opening the entry. Well worth the $2.99 price!
Don't be stupid. Get this and be safe.
I've used Password Safe for years on my Windows machines. Now that iCloud Drive is available for Windows, this app was a no brainier. My passwords are always up to date, secure, and available no matter where I am.
Let's be honest. Who hasn't reused a password across sites? After all, it's not possible to remember a unique, secure password for every site you visit. It's also not very smart to reuse passwords. Well, now you don't have to remember your passwords...get the free Password Safe (if you're on Windows) and this app for your mobiles.
This is a pretty good implementation of the proven password safe protocol. Would get 5 stars if it had auto lock implemented too. The auto lock just doesn't work. Hasn't ever.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 11, 2017
- Version: 8.5
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App77, LLC
- © 2017 App77
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dropbox Sync Support$2.99