Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari. One-time purchase.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- Dark Mode support
- Touch ID support
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer's security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for more than a decade, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
- Supports new Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
- Fix crash on macOS 10.9
Ratings and Reviews
Support for PC
Have a Mac, plus iOS devices. Works great on those. But need a PC version as well.
Simple yet powerful
Being a new to Mac environment I was looking for an app to replace my KeePas manager. PWSafe have similar functionality plus can be synchronized via iCloud. The price was also a consideration. In my opinion the application offers features that can satisfy everyday and pro user.
The app remains my every day companion. Plus, it does not require a subscription. I can higly recommend to everyone.
Great app, convenient and easy to use
I used Password Gorilla for a long time, but I should have switched to pwSafe a long time ago. I now am synced on all phones and devices - Windows PC, MacBook, iPhone, AND Android! - and could not be happier. Also, pwSafe runs much faster than Password Gorilla, and the UI is far easier to use. I highly recommend it; it is worth far more than the price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.