pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App77, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari. One-time purchase.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 4.11
== 4.10 ==
- Compatibility fix for Safari 10 extension (you'll need to update the extension too - https://pwsafe.info/browserextensions)
- Fix safe merging (crash and generation of too many conflicted entries)
- Other smaller bug fixes
== 4.11 ==
- Fix crash on launch on older versions of macOS
Love the App
I used the app on a PC before working on a mac. I was really glad they created the Mac version of pwSafe. It’s easy to use. I like that I can store my files where I want to - network, cloud, hard drive, etc. I appreciate the fact that my one-time purchase allows me to download it to my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone at the same itme. It’s very hand, especially if I need to access it while I’m helping a staff member. If you’re looking for an app to store your passwords definitely try psSafe!
Flawlessly Keeps my iOS and Mac passwords synced
I’ve been using this app for years on both the Mac and on several iOS devices. It just works, works well, and gets constantly updated to provide an even better experience. Just call me delighted! I’m just so incredibly happy with it! Never loses my info either.
Simple, lightweight and no monthly fee
I’ve been using Pwsafe for 3 years. It syncs across all my Apple devices. It’s extremely lightweight and I primarily use the search feature to get any password pulled up quick.
passwords don’t need to to be a really delightful experience, they just need to be quick and out of your way.