pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easy, secure and full featured password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud or Dropbox to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between your iOS devices and computers. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
Now available for the Mac with iCloud Sync - http://j.mp/pwSafeMac
Videos of pwSafe in action:
What people are saying about pwSafe:
***** "Brilliant! - Passwords in sync at last!" -- Daddio1946 from Australia
***** "Great integration and support - PasswordSafe is great and this app makes it even better! Easy to setup and use. Their support for big fixes is great and the turn around time is short." -- Joeartz from the USA
***** "Very good, better than it's rivals, does what it's supposed to do AND the copy-feature is EX-CELLENT!" -- WaiWera from New Zealand
***** "I highly recommend this app for anyone who has a large number of usernames or hard-to-remember passwords." -- razor11401 from Canada
***** "Excellent tool for multiplatform password storage - Excellent tool that enhances my online security by creating complex and long passwords without the inconvenience of retyping them time and time again." -- AmberTiara from Neaderland
List of features:
- Smart Pasteboard: tilt your device face down to switch between username and password when using other apps
- Print a hardcopy of your data
- New iPad with Retina display & iPhone 5 support
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Dropbox sync**, fully automatic and bi-directional
- Password generation
- Master password
- Universal binary - iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch optimized
- Compatible with the famous open source Password Safe desktop app
- Search all fields
- Organize entries in groups
- Single tap password copy to clipboard
- Single tap password copy to clipboard and open website
- Clear password from clipboard after one minute
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- iTunes file sharing
- Receives safes as e-mail attachments (please name your safes with a .psafe3 extension)
- Opens safes from Dropbox (free without sync, paid otherwise)
- Export to PDF (encrypted, of course)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Named password policies
- Fully compatible with Password Safe version 3.31 file format
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Open source
** Syncing via Dropbox is an In-App purchase.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 5.7.2
• Much improved VoiceOver support
• SmartPasteboard improvements
• requires > 45° tilt
• works when tapping the compass icon too
• can be disabled on the settings screen
= Bug fixes:
• iOS5 crash when tapping edit or adding a new entry
• Entry context menu did not work when searching
• Layout issues for popover messages (HUDs)
• When deleting the last safe policy, the Done button would never re-appear
• The entries index to the right was hard to hit on iOS 7
Updated Review: The addition of Mobius face recognition is awesome! Not as quick as I'd like but better than typing in pw.
One glitch seems to be that even when set to stay open for a certain period of time, it shuts ne out and I have to relog in- that's annoying...
1. It syncs my ipad, iphone & pc flawlessly
2. (see updated info on this above)Once I log in on one of my devices, i can set it to remain open for 1 minute to 3 days-- huge time and aggravation saver so I am not having to plug in my password to get my other passwords every time when I am visiting multiple sites in a short time period.
3. I can open a site with one click from this app, and it automatically copies my password to the clipboard (then clears the clipboard).
4. PC desktop version is very clunky at first- definitely has the "open source feel." But once figured out,easy and smooth...
Simple and at a great price.
I have been using password safe for well over a year. My database had slowly grown to include over 60 accounts. I cannot remember all of this information and even things like iCloud Keychain don't remember the passwords on bank accounts for security. There are also passwords and bits I information that I need to remember (and keep secure) that are not based in a web browser.
This app is simple and easy to use. It fits with the stock OS and is great on my iPad (Desktop version available that I do not have as well). I have not used 1password but I cannot think of any features that would make it worth five times the price. Password safe does everything I need and I have been pleased to see contented support and improvements to the app.
It's a life saver . . .
This app works the best of any password app I have ever used....and I have used plenty of them. It allows you to save all your passwords and other sensitive information in one place and access it easily.
Your "password safe" can be kept locally or in Dropbox or in the Cloud. Most of us probably are forced to change passwords fairly regularly and when you do it and forget to tell your wife, it's a problem.
This way both of you (or more) can access passwords when necessary regardless of where you are.
I would like to see more cross platform support (hence the 4 stars) since it only works on iOS platforms right now.
Regardless, a great product!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 5.7.2
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
- © 2013 App77
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dropbox Sync support$1.99