pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App77, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari. One-time purchase.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 4.11
== 4.10 ==
- Compatibility fix for Safari 10 extension (you'll need to update the extension too - https://pwsafe.info/browserextensions)
- Fix safe merging (crash and generation of too many conflicted entries)
- Other smaller bug fixes
== 4.11 ==
- Fix crash on launch on older versions of macOS
Simple, lightweight and no monthly fee
I’ve been using Pwsafe for 3 years. It syncs across all my Apple devices. It’s extremely lightweight and I primarily use the search feature to get any password pulled up quick.
passwords don’t need to to be a really delightful experience, they just need to be quick and out of your way.
Simple yet powerful
Being a new to Mac environment I was looking for an app to replace my KeePas manager. PWSafe have similar functionality plus can be synchronized via iCloud. The price was also a consideration. In my opinion the application offers features that can satisfy everyday and pro user.
Still meets my needs better than the others
I can choose where I want my password file to be, I don’t have to pay a subscription, and if I put it on a cloud drive I can access it from any device. Does exacty what I want.