pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
** Nothing except the initial purchase is required to fully use the app. The in-app purchases you see are about fully optional services, such as unlimited on-line backups.
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 4.6
=== Don't update if running OS X Mavericks (10.9.x) ===
• Handoff support
• Proper handling of existing aliases and shortcuts
• CMD + F to search works again
• Annoying dock icon bouncing when safe locks
• Visual artifact (horizontal line) on recently opened safes
• Crashes after closing a safe
• Rare deadlock on launch
Would you mind taking an extra moment and rating pwSafe, even if you've already done that? Apps live and die by their App Store ratings, and these are reset on every single update. Thanks!
Version 4.6 crashes on MacBook Pro using OS X 10.9
Upgraded to the latest version (4.6) this morning and the app crashes when trying to open an existing safe or create a new safe. Bug report has been sent to both Apple and App 77 Informatica e Servicios.
Latest Update is NG
Not sure if it is me or more universal, but just applied latest update and it blew the program out of the water. Continually terminates unexpectedly after start up.