pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
** The in-app purchases you see are about fully optional services, such as unlimited on-line backups. Nothing except the initial purchase is required to fully use the app.
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 4.1
- Better entry matching for the Safari Extension (make sure to update the extension too)
- More effective receipt restoration on pwSafe Cloud's "Restore Purchases" button
- Crash when trying to use the extension with iCloud Drive disabled
- Would copy wrong password on shortcuts and aliases
- When using an YubiKey, passwords longer than 32 characters are now truncated, just like the Windows Password Safe app does
Works perfectly, and a very important tool!
This is one of the few apps that I can say I rely on fully and perform their job perfectly! Very professional and as user friendly. It was recommended to me, and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a password safe.
Compatible with the official windows version
I use pwsafe on the mac to open my password safe files. It works, the UI isn’t as good as the windows version, but it gets the job done. It also supports yubikey so i can open encrypted files on both platforms now.
Does Everything I Need from a Password App
This App works for me. This is not the kind of thing where you try other Apps that do the same thing, so I am comparing this in a vacuum, but I cannot think of anything else that I need from this App.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
- © 2015 App77
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 year Cloud Services$8.99
- YubiKey Support$9.99
- 3 months Cloud Services$2.99
- 6 months Cloud Services$4.99