pwSafe - Password Safe compatible Password Manager
By App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud. Autofills in Safari.
** Featured by Mac|Life as one the 20 Great Apps under $20 - http://j.mp/pwSafeMacLife
** The in-app purchases you see are about fully optional services, such as unlimited on-line backups. Nothing except the initial purchase is required to fully use the app.
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
This application is not related to any application developed and/or marketed by PSafe Tecnologia S/A, including PSafe Total.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Option + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
What's New in Version 4.1
- Better entry matching for the Safari Extension (make sure to update the extension too)
- More effective receipt restoration on pwSafe Cloud's "Restore Purchases" button
- Crash when trying to use the extension with iCloud Drive disabled
- Would copy wrong password on shortcuts and aliases
- When using an YubiKey, passwords longer than 32 characters are now truncated, just like the Windows Password Safe app does
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App 77 Informatica e Servicos LTDA
- © 2015 App77
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 year Cloud Services$8.99
- 3 months Cloud Services$2.99
- YubiKey Support$9.99
- 6 months Cloud Services$4.99