Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pythonista is a complete scripting environment for Python, running directly on your iPad or iPhone. This new edition includes support for both Python 3.5 and 2.7, so you can use all the language improvements in Python 3, while still having 2.7 available for backwards compatibility. The integrated "2 to 3" tool makes it easy to ugrade your existing scripts.
In true Python fashion, batteries are included – from popular third-party modules like numpy, matplotlib, requests, and many more, to modules that are tailor-made for iOS. You can write scripts that access motion sensor data, your photo library, contacts, reminders, the iOS clipboard, and much more.
You can also use Pythonista to build interactive multi-touch experiences, custom user interfaces, animations, and 2D games.
>>> Scriptable code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
>>> Extended keyboard, designed specifically for Python
>>> Interactive prompt with code completion, command history, and support for showing images in the console output
>>> Integrated visual debugger
>>> Integrated PEP 8 style checker with issues highlighted directly in the editor
>>> Complete offline documentation with quick lookup directly from the editor
>>> Various beautiful light and dark color themes, and a theme editor to make your own
>>> UI editor for quick prototyping
>>> Includes most of the Python standard library and additional modules for graphics, sound, and iOS system services (e.g. clipboard, contacts, reminders, twitter, UI...)
>>> Matplotlib and NumPy for scientific visualizations
>>> Lots of other popular third-party modules, e.g. requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, bottle, SymPy, and more.
>>> Lots of included examples to get started
>>> Universal app for iPad and iPhone
The name "Pythonista" is used with kind permission of the Python Software Foundation.
What's New in Version 3.1
• The interactive console contains a new object inspector panel that allows you to view a list of all global variables and their attributes/members. Tap the (i) button to show or hide it.
• The new Pythonista Today widget allows you to run a script in Notification Center (or on the home/lock screen). You can find more information in the `appex` module documentation, and various examples of widget scripts are available in the updated *Examples* folder.
• Python 2 mode now uses Python 2.7.12 instead of 2.7.5.
• When using the share sheet extension with a file input (e.g. sharing a Mail attachment), an additional "Import File" option is shown for non-Python files.
• The `speech` module contains new functions for speech recognition, in addition to speech synthesis (iOS 10 only).
• The `sound` module contains a new `Recorder` class for recording audio files from the microphone. `sound.play_effect` and `sound.Player` have also been improved to support stereo panning.
Everything one could want and way more
These were the best 10$ i have spent in a while. I often use this over IDLE. I create scripts to do stuff, and can call it with just three taps. The typing is easy, and every complaint i have had with other environments are nowhere to be found. It has wonderful gui libraries and you can make surprisingly fast/high quality games. This is coming from someone who rarely uses python for anything more than generating giant switch statements for my other projects.
Can't Get Past `import scene as *`
Importing any module as * is a horrible bad practice that is well known and documented in all the PEP documentation as well as by successful, professional Python programmers everywhere. The prominent use of this anti-pattern makes an otherwise fantastic achievement in programming completely unusable at my school. I will not encourage students to do this under any circumstances (and equally despise all the failed `import turtle as *` tutorials and books as well). As a development manager and project lead I would have fired anyone making use of that anti-pattern. Why would I encourage hundreds of students to start out their programming lives incorrectly?
MUST HAVE for programmers
If you have the skill to write Python at any level, this app will change your world. It offers a great programming environment, many native iOS integrations, and UI support. You can easily write your own productivity apps and access them from the Today widget or from the Share dialog in other apps. There are many community-written scripts, too. This turns your iOS device into a real computing tool, not just a content viewer.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 506 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2016 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.