Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** DO NOT BUY THIS VERSION! Get Pythonista 3 instead. This legacy version is still available, so that existing customers can get bugfix updates, but Pythonista 3 includes all features of this, and more (including support for Python 3). You can find Pythonista 3 in the "Related" tab right here. ***
Pythonista brings the Zen of Python™ to your iPad or iPhone.
Pythonista is an integrated development environment for writing Python™ scripts on iOS. You can create interactive experiments and prototypes using multi-touch, animations, and sound – or just use the interactive prompt as a powerful calculator.
With extensive support for URL schemes, access to the iOS clipboard and photo library, and the powerful modules in the Python standard library, it is also possible to use Pythonista as a flexible automation tool for text or image processing. You can even run Python scripts within other apps, using the Pythonista app extension that is accessible from the standard iOS share sheet.
>>> Full-featured, scriptable code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
>>> Extended keyboard, designed specifically for Python
>>> Interactive prompt with code completion and history
>>> Complete offline documentation with quick lookup directly from the editor
>>> Multiple light and dark color themes
>>> Visual UI editor for quick prototyping
>>> Includes most of the Python standard library and additional modules for graphics, sound, and iOS system services (e.g. clipboard, contacts, reminders, twitter, UI...)
>>> Matplotlib and NumPy for scientific visualizations
>>> Lots of other popular third-party modules, e.g. requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, bottle, SymPy, and more.
>>> Lots of included examples to get started
>>> Universal app for iPad and iPhone
Based on Python 2.7.5; the name "Pythonista" is used with kind permission of the Python Software Foundation.
What's New in Version 2.1
+++ Pythonista 3.0 is out NOW! It includes full support for Python 3.5, an integrated debugger, snippets, custom file templates, and lots of other new features. You can find it in the "Related" tab right here (or search for "Pythonista 3"). +++
* The editor and console can now suggest code completions based on fuzzy matching, e.g. typing "rage" suggests "range()" and "xrange()".
* The console prompt expands automatically for multi-line statements and long lines.
* Tapping images that are shown in the console opens a zoomable full-screen view (you can still tap and hold an image to save or copy it).
* Improved support for external keyboards in code completions: Use the up/down arrow keys to select, and the tab key to insert a suggestion.
* Pressing the tab key with selected text will now indent the block, instead of replacing it with a tab character. You can also tap and hold the tab key for an un-indent option (shift+tab on external keyboards). The "Indent" item in the copy/paste menu is no longer shown by default, but can be enabled in the settings.
* Line numbers and the tab bar are (optionally) available on all screen sizes now.
* The `photos` module has a lot of new capabilities, including the ability to edit photos in-place, access to albums and smart albums, metadata, and more.
* Fixed: Tapping and holding a key on the extended keyboard didn't show the alternative keys on iOS 9.3 and later.
For more detailed release notes, please read the "What's New in Pythonista" section in the included documentation.
Perfect for developing while away
I just recently purchased this and it was well worth the $9.99, and more. It includes almost every module I need to accomplish what I need to get done, plus some iOS exclusive ones which are pretty fun to play with.
Two things: I would love to see project syncing via iCloud since I use this on both of my iPads and my iPhone, and maybe the ability to use outside-iOS UI development via other Python modules.
That said, this is the absolute best app for Python development!
Not much to say except awesome! Great app, nice libraries, and great for learning... Honestly better than Python on my desktop computer. More intuitive. Only thing that can be better is if you add Tkinter and pygame! Other than that, great! :)
Update: How can I manually transfer documents to/from computer? It's really frustrating...
Doing gods work
Extremely extensive and powerful! Best geek tool on the App Store!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 14, 2016
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 211 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2015 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.