Qixel HD : Pixel Art Painter
By Frosby Designs Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Qixel HD is an iPad app that makes it super-easy for designers, pixel-lovers and retro gamers to make stylised 'qixel art' and share their designs by email, Facebook and Twitter.
Qixel is a live art project that encourages people to share their designs on the Qixel Facebook Gallery: facebook.com/qixelgallery
Send your qixel art by Email, Twitter and Facebook. Don't forget to post your work on the Qixel Gallery! (Facebook.com/qixelgallery)
What can you make with 651 pixels?
Qixel is all about creating minimalist images, retro characters and typography with a limited number of pixels and colour palette. Make art or just use it to chill out - it's the digital equivalent of popping bubblewrap!
I look forward to see what people do with it. There are some suggestions below to get you started, but it's your software to play with. I look forward to seeing your artwork on the Facebook Qixel gallery!
Here's what you can do with Qixel:
- Draw pictures with 4 different pixel types: Squares, Circles, Diamonds and Triangles.
- The canvas background button flips between black or white. This has a very different effect on your qixels.
- Use the darken and lighten buttons to add shade and depth to your art.
- The triangle setting has an extra button: Rotation. Try rotating your triangles 90 degrees to make strange patterns and origami-style art.
- Use Qixel to make quirky typography.
- Write simple messages and greeting cards to send to friends.
- Make cool patterns and abstract backgrounds for websites.
- Create retro game graphics, and then export frames in stages to make animation.
- experiment with colour: great for artists and colour therapy teachers.
Saving images: (2 methods)
A) The Photo button saves a 1024x768 screenshot to your iPad's camera roll.
If there is a problem, it will be due to your iPad's restrictions. Go to Settings >
General > Restrictions > Privacy > Photos > Switch Qixel on!
B) Hold down the Home button, then quickly press the Power button. This will be a high-resolution, uncompressed image on the iPad Retina.
Sending Images: Export screenshots to email, Twitter and Facebook.
Note from the developer:
If this app proves to be useful and popular, I will update it. If you have ideas for functionality - please leave feedback on the Appstore and a high rating
will help me to carry on with the project!
Enjoy your qixels :)
What's New in Version 1.2
- updated software
- added new icons and screenshots
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 22.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Frosby Designs Ltd.
- © 2013 Frosby Designs Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.