QLab Remote is the official iOS companion app for remote control of QLab, the award-winning live show control software for macOS. QLab Remote requires a connection to QLab 3.0 or later. Some features require a specific minimum version of QLab 4. See http://figure53.com/docs/qlab/v4/control/qlab-remote/#requirements for details.
Get out of the booth and edit your QLab workspace from wherever you are. Flag cues as you sit in tech rehearsal. Adjust audio levels from the front row. Change the geometry of a video cue from the stage.
QLab Remote is free to use in "Read-Only Mode", which allows you to view a workspace & follow along worry-free and also includes the unlimited ability to flag cues & edit cue notes. Optional In-App Purchases are available to unlock show control, editing, and light tools features.
- Automatically finds any QLab workspace on the network.
- Updates in QLab are instantly reflected in QLab Remote and vice versa.
- Quickly flag and edit notes for cues.
- Easily switch between cue lists.
- Watch active cues update in real-time.
- Enable "Read-Only Mode" to follow along without worrying you'll accidentally trigger a cue.
- Edit basic properties for all cues, such as name, number, notes, color, armed, flagged, etc.
- Adjust audio levels and patches for audio, mic, and video cues.
- Change display geometry for video, text, and camera cues.
- Swipe-right to change the playback position.
- Swipe-left to access more editing options.
- Double-tap a cue to quickly edit it.
- Long-press a cue to move it in the cue list. (Requires QLab 4)
Please contact email@example.com with issues or feedback.
- Fixes a crash in the Levels panel of Light cue inspector when editing in "Text" mode.
- Fixes a crash that occurred when opening Light Tools in demo mode.
Previously in 4.3.0
- QLab Remote now automatically attempts to recover from a broken connection rather than immediately disconnecting from the workspace. When an error occurs, the connection will pause while waiting for the remote workspace to reappear on the network. Once the QLab workspace is available again, the connection will automatically resume where you left off. This also allows you to easily switch between connection methods, e.g. unplug from a wired USB connection and seamlessly transition to an available Wi-Fi connection.
- Adds support for navigating the contents of folder aliases in the File Target document picker of the cue inspector. (Requires QLab 4.3 or later.)
- Adds an "Add Command..." button to the Levels panel of the cue inspector for adding new commands to a Light cue. (Requires QLab 4.2 or later.)
- Improves reliability of scrolling and pinch-to-zoom in cue carts.
- When the Cue Lists menu is visible, the playback status indicators for each cue list are now updated more reliably.
- The cue inspector now updates to display the correct panels if the inspector is visible when the target cue of a Fade cue or the image source of a Video cue changes.
- Fixes an issue where the inspector for a Video cue with a still image source would incorrectly display the Audio Levels panel the first time the inspector was opened for that cue.
Ratings and Reviews
Used this in tech for the first time last week and it performed very well! Had no problem paying the price either knowing that it's just going to get better.
Would be nice in the future to see things like Trim control added, or maybe the "Settings" tab with waveform control, but this app is more just for tweaks anyway. Those are just me nitpicking. This app has a one up on screen sharing in some ways as it allows you to make edits to other cues without necessarily taking 100% control.
Everything that i needed in a Show Remote Figure53 has now added! every performance in a new venue i require extra help to do the simplest of tasks, like video map the surfaces and adjust audio levels.. but now i can do all fo this without having to go into the booth and control the main computer! i can do it from the remote walking around the stage! this is incredible! thank you thenk you thank you!! I may be a Magician but you guys created real magic!
This great! So very close to perfect.
This is so close to exactly what I was hoping for. It has made my work so much more accessible from anywhere in a space. My main complaint is that there is no way to access the Active Cues list. Having the ability to see all cues running, how they interact, running times, and the ability to pause and scrub are things I constantly need. Even if the delay made it not very responsive, it would still be invaluable in rehearsals and workshopping.
- Figure 53, LLC
- 14 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Figure 53, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Show Control & Editing $39.99
- Light Tools $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.