QR Code Generator
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
No Internet Connection is required as with other apps. Codes are created on your device without your personal information being submitted to 3rd party web site.
* Create QR Codes for your website URL (any arbitrary protocols are supported as well)
* Encode phone numbers or even SMS messages in QR Codes
* Embed vCard from your Address Book in a QR Code for easy sharing
* If none of previous suits your needs simply paste custom text or data and create custom QR Code
* Resulting QR Code can be saved in your Photo Album for later reuse and sharing, copy it to clipboard or print it
* You can share your QR Code using Messages, E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or even AirDrop
* If you need contact sharing using vCard format, please have a look at Opti Contact application available in the AppStore as well (Opti Contact is also a QR Code scanner and reader able to import vCards to your Address Book)
* Standard that works accross all mobile phone brands, not only iPhone (for example Android mobile phones)
* Internet connection is not required since QR Code is generating barcodes directly on your device without sending your private information to online services
* QR Code is an universal application for iPhone and iPad, and even desktop version for Mac OS X is available in the Mac AppStore
Common in Japan, where it was created by Toyota subsidiary Denso-Wave in 1994, the QR code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional barcodes. QR is the abbreviation for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed. The technology has already seen a large uptake in Japan and South Korea.
What's New in Version 1.5
* Updated for iOS 8 and iPhone 6/6+
Works for it's intended purpose
Not knowing anything about what I was getting in to, I searched out a reasonably priced app (a bargain at .99) and plunged in. Couldn't have been simpler, I hustled pasted my web page in and selected the size I wanted and BAM! I had my QR code. The only suggestion I have would be to give some point of reference or preview of the size code it generates (large takes up nearly 1/2 page of 8 1/2 x 11 paper). Really not a big deal as it is so easy and fast to just go back and create another.
I'm sure there's a little more to this app, I'll have to dig.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 04, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2011-2014 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.