QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts, and News
By Artisan Global LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
QuakeFeed is the #1 Earthquake App for iOS!
- Quick and very easy to use
- Nearby Alerts for earthquakes near you
- Regional Alerts for monitoring countries, US states and seismically active areas
- Choose from several different alert sounds
- Curated earthquake news and announcements
- Eight beautiful base maps plus plate lines
- Great educational tool
Our mapping features are truly stunning. Want a unique perspective on the quakes? View them on shaded relief or a map of the ocean floor. It will deepen your understanding - try it and you'll see what we mean!
QuakeFeed offers a variety of filter / sort options to let you see the quakes that are most important to you. Beautiful UI - check out our reviews, people love our simple, uncluttered design! And QuakeFeed is a universal app optimized for both the iPad and iPhone.
QuakeFeed is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase QuakeFeed Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for QuakeFeed Premium is $0.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
* Choose from six different USGS Data Feeds
* Push notifications for all M6.0+ quakes
* Push notifications for earthquakes near your location
* Quakes displayed in a list or on a map
* Search, sort, or filter list
* Drill down to quake details view:
-- Map zooms to quake location
-- Magnitude, time, lat/long, distance, depth
-- Link to quake details on USGS website
-- Link to NOAA Tsunami Warning Center (if available)
-- Link to USGS "Did You Feel It?" page
* Earthquake news
* Earthquake preparedness information
* Social media integration - share via:
INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE
* Color-coded map symbols with optional magnitude display
* Quake list color-coded by magnitude
* Sort list by date, magnitude, depth, or distance from current location
* Filter list or map by magnitude and/or distance from current location
* Pull to refresh list
* GPS button for zoom to current location
* Specify units for distance and depth (km or miles)
* All screens work in portrait or landscape mode
ENHANCED MAPPING CAPABILITIES
* Eight different base map options:
-- Street Map
-- Satellite Imagery
-- Imagery with Labels
-- Ocean Bathymetry
-- Topographic Map
-- Shaded Relief Map
-- Physical Map
-- Terrain Map
* Display plate lines as a map overlay
* Pinch to zoom / drag to pan
* One touch zoom in / two touch zoom out
Contact us at email@example.com or visit http://quakefeed.com -- we usually respond within 24 hrs!
What's New in Version 4.1
- EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre) Data Feed & Alerts
- Search for regions when setting up alerts
- Bug fixes and improvements
Doesn't load notification settings
I downloaded this app and configured my alerts only to receive an alert for Mexico not even five minutes later. I don't live near Mexico and it was not a part of my alert settings that I configured. When I went back in to change the notification settings I received multiple errors saying the app couldn't connect to the notification server. I tried multiple times and when I did finally get in there was a new notification configured that I didn't set up. When I tried to delete it it said the same thing about not being able to connect to the notification server. The ads were unexpected to just show up after I clicked on something and pretty annoying to have to wait five seconds to get to what I clicked on. One extra star because I could limit my notification to only the state I live in. But ultimately this app doesn't work. And maybe given more than 10 minutes this app would work, but I had it set up and something happened to make it not work.
Must get this app! With one exeaption
This app is one to get because it gives great facts; the alerts are very accurate and is very precise. If you want to get the best feed on earth quakes this is the app for you. But their is one exception that I have to make. I live in the united state and I try to find the New Madrid seismic zone so I can see where it is located and see what states it goes through but I can't find it. It would be great if they could implement the new Madrid seismic zone so people can see where it is and what states it goes through. Over all this is a good app for anyone to use and it is a fun app to get so "Hurry up and get it" !
The easiest way to monitor earthquakes
You can set up zones to watch for earthquake activity, in a number of easily configurable ways, or choose from defaults. The app can notify you according to various parameters you establish, or not at all. It has links to all sorts of earthquake related information, from geology to preparedness. All that any non-seismologist could ever want to know, and super easy to use. If you have any risk at all from seismic activity, get this. If you're just curious, this is so easy to use it's a no-brainer. On top of all that, it is free and has ads that are unobtrusive and easily tolerated. It is a public service.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 21, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 70.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Artisan Global LLC
- © Artisan Global LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Custom Notifications$1.99
- QuakeFeed Premium$0.99