QuakeWatch - Latest Earthquakes Info
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•• The top paid earthquake app for over 4 years.
•• A #1 News app in 43 countries so far including the US, UK, and Canada.
•• An App Store Top 100 app in 32 countries so far including the US and Canada.
•• Rated an “Essential App” by AppAdvice.
•• Written-up in USA Today.
•• Shown and discussed on CNN Newsroom.
QuakeWatch has been the most popular paid earthquake app in the App Store for over 4 years now -- used by schools, relief agencies, media outlets, and thousands of people around the world curious about earthquakes near to them, family, or friends.
It has reached the App Store Top 100, and #1 in News, multiple times.
It is a feature-rich reference guide to the latest magnitude 1.0 and larger earthquakes from around the world as provided by nine worldwide sources including the US Geological Survey and the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre. Find out when they happened, where they happened, how big they were, and more. All in an easy-to-use interface!
The key features of QuakeWatch include:
• An interactive world map view with tectonic plates showing reported earthquakes over the past week. Pan and zoom the map to focus on hot spots and click the details button to see the quake report. Also the ability to replay the earthquakes in order.
• Sort the listing by the most recent earthquakes.
• Sort by the largest earthquakes over the past week.
• Sort by the closest earthquakes to your location and see the distance and direction from your position.
• Sort by earthquakes nearest to a place anywhere on the earth that you easily specify. Great for tracking quakes near family members. Shows the distance and bearing from them.
• Choose from reporting services in the US, Europe, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Iceland, and Italy.
• Select the tsunami icon in the toolbar for quick access to the latest tsunami information for the Pacific, US West Coast & Alaska, Australia, and Japan.
• Send earthquake information to yourself or others through email, Twitter, Facebook, or SMS text messaging. (iOS 6 and greater.)
• Filter out smaller earthquakes from the list by setting the minimum shown to be between 1.0 and 6.0.
• Select an earthquake from the list to view more information along with a live map of its location and the ability to show nearby earthquakes.
• Selecting the blue additional details button will take you to the reporting web site integrated into the application for more information about the earthquake which may include distances from cities, historical maps, shake maps, etc., and then easily return to the list.
• Universal app - supports the iPad, iPhone (including iPhone 5), and iPod touch.
• iPod touch and iPad WiFi users can manually specify their current location if greater accuracy is needed. (A popular request.)
• The ability to define local earthquakes within a radius of your location. Then sort by "Closest" to see all local earthquakes sorted by distance or the most recent.
• Earthquakes within the last 2 hours and within your local range are colored blue for quick identification.
• All times are shown in your time zone.
• No banner ads.
What's New in Version 3.4
• Updated GNNZ feed.
• Updated EMSC feed.
• Expanded Iceland quakes with the IMO feed.
• Other minor fixes.
Great Layout but very delayed & No Alert
I really love this app. It has the best and easiest layout of all the quake apps. It has a lot of information that's easy to access. However I just noticed recently that the information is delayed a lot of times, sometimes by hours and a few times it was more than a day. It didn't used to be like that. Please fix this issue. Also what would make this app a lot greater is if it had an alert that you can set for earthquakes happening around you. With a cool alert sound. The other thing that would be really cool is if the fault lines were added to the map. That would take a little time but it would be nice to just have the major ones on the map, at least in California. I would definitely like to delete my other earthquake apps, but they're the only one that alerts me with a voice that says "an earthquake has occurred!" And the other has a map of the faults. Would be nice to have it all in one app. If you could very soon, add an alert option at least, that would make this a 5 star rated app. I look forward to the next update.
Quake Watch 🌎
This is one of my favorite apps! EVER! I have learned so much about the earth and how very active it really is from the surface to the core!
Here in Oklahoma, we have experienced a marked increase in seismic activity over the past few years. This app. details the different types, causes and consequences of different types of quakes! I have learned so much. The quake occurrence information is updated immediately all the stats and info you could ever think of relating to each quake! You set the parameters!
It's amazing. If you love learning about this living home, our Earth, get this app.... TODAY! I love the inclusion of tsunamis, volcanoes and maps of all things related to dynamic surface of our planet.
🌟 TEACHERS🌟 this would be great for students to have on their tablets, so much educational material is included! The maps are interactive
and the resolution is outstanding! THANK YOU!
Fabulous - Still!!! 🎉🎉👍
Still fabulous and the customer support is fabulous as well... I emailed about the USGS feed, it stopped working and I got a reply on the best way to fix the issue in a couple of hours! Great app and I've been using it for at lest 4 years. The best one that I've found!
You can set up this app to see the data you want and filter what you don't. It has additional data that can be set, not just USGS. They also provide the links in the app to set up email/ test notifications. For EQ or Tsunami's. Highly recommended. I just wish the Pacific Rim wasn't split on the map-that's the most active area.