QuakeWatch - Latest Earthquakes Info
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•• The top paid earthquake app for over 7 years.
•• A #1 News app in 52 countries so far including the US, UK, and Canada.
•• An App Store Top 100 app in 37 countries so far including the US and Canada.
•• Rated an “Essential App” by AppAdvice.
•• Written-up in USA Today.
•• Shown and discussed on CNN Newsroom.
QuakeWatch has been the most popular paid earthquake app in the App Store for over 7 years now -- used by schools, relief agencies, media outlets, and thousands of people around the world curious about earthquakes near to them, family, or friends.
It has reached the App Store Top 100, and #1 in News, multiple times.
It is a feature-rich reference guide to the latest magnitude 1.0 and larger earthquakes from around the world as provided by ten worldwide sources including the US Geological Survey and the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre. Find out when they happened, where they happened, how big they were, and more. All in an easy-to-use interface without losing space to banner ads!
The key features of QuakeWatch include:
• An interactive world map view with tectonic plates showing reported earthquakes over the past week. Pan and zoom the map to focus on hot spots and click the details button to see the quake report. Also the ability to replay the earthquakes in order.
• Sort the listing by the most recent earthquakes.
• Sort by the largest earthquakes over the past week.
• Sort by the closest earthquakes to your location and see the distance and direction from your position.
• Sort by earthquakes nearest to a place anywhere on the earth that you easily specify. Great for tracking quakes near family members. Shows the distance and bearing from them.
• Choose from reporting services in the US, Europe, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Iceland, and Italy.
• Select the tsunami icon in the toolbar for quick access to the latest tsunami information for the Pacific, US West Coast & Alaska, Australia, and Japan.
• Send earthquake information to yourself or others through email, Twitter, Facebook, or SMS text messaging.
• Filter out smaller earthquakes from the list by setting the minimum shown to be between 1.0 and 6.0.
• Select an earthquake from the list to view more information along with a live map of its location and the ability to show nearby earthquakes.
• Selecting the blue additional details button will take you to the reporting web site integrated into the application for more information about the earthquake which may include distances from cities, historical maps, shake maps, etc., and then easily return to the list.
• Universal app - supports the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Supports quick view multitasking on the iPad on iOS 10.
• iPod touch and iPad WiFi users can manually specify their current location if greater accuracy is needed.
• The ability to define local earthquakes within a radius of your location. Then sort by "Closest" to see all local earthquakes sorted by distance or the most recent.
• Earthquakes within the last 2 hours and within your local range are colored blue for quick identification.
• All times are shown in your time zone.
• No banner ads.
What's New in Version 3.6
Support for system dynamic text sizing in the quake listing or to override with a preferred size.
iPad: Quake list earth icon adds ability to go directly to the specific quake on the world map.
Added data services activity logging to help identify third-party feed issues.
Improvements to landscape viewing.
Other minor fixes and improvements.
The Very Best Earthquake App
The interface for this app has always offered more information than others in an innovative and intuitive format, and it just keeps getting better.
Quakewatch V. 3.6 is simply wonderful. The maps are beautiful and faster than ever, and the short-lived landscape glitch on iPad is all fixed. The plate boundaries lines are even clearer now. The index page has been nicely revamped with more information displayed in accordance with system font settings. The nearby earthquake map pins are functioning perfectly and they make tracking foreshocks/aftershocks easy as a finger tap.
Many thanks to the developer for a great job.
Best quake app 🙋🏻🌟💕🌠😎🌠👍🏻
I am using this application on my iPhone 7 plus using iOS 10 and it works great.
I have tried all the free earthquake apps, but this app is by far the best. It's worth the price of admission
I can set a pin where I'm tracking it and see all the earthquakes there and I can filter it closest to me etc. I can find out about a quake after a quake hits very quickly.
Look no further this is the best earthquake app out there as I've been using it for years and I've tried them all.
I have to say after trying about 15 earthquake apps, i have found this one to be the easiest and nicest to use. The data is presented very well on the list page and the fonts are readable. Also the map is reasonably well done.
By the way, the ability to adjust font size is much appreciated. Thank you!