Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Design on the Go with Quark DesignPad
Design on your iPad wherever you are with DesignPad, the iPad app that puts grid-based design control in the palm of your hand.
Using an entirely new approach to design, you can quickly experiment with different layouts concepts and create anything such as a poster, postcard, advertisement, invitation, brochure, business card or newsletter right on your iPad — then share it on Twitter, Facebook, by email, print it or further develop it in QuarkXPress.
Pro Feature Pack
Unlock the new Pro Feature Pack and gain access to professional output and new sharing capabilities. Save and share print-quality PDFs or save PNG and Adobe PDF versions to DropBox for immediate access anywhere or directly print out your design via the new AirPrint support.
Bring your creativity to life!
With DesignPad you can:
• Create stunning designs in minutes, in a meeting or on the go, directly on your iPad
• Develop concepts interactively and share them instantly with your colleagues, clients and friends
• For ultimate control, turn your DesignPad layout into a completed design by opening it in QuarkXPress* — our award-winning premier professional design and layout software
Professional power and ease of use:
• Choose from grid-based pre-defined layout types such as posters, brochures and advertisements, create your own customized size and layout combinations or start from scratch with a blank document
• Designate US or international document sizes with selectable units of measure
• Let the iPad do the hard work with the randomize layouts button
• Use easy slider controls to adjust all aspects of your layout grid or input exact values
• Customize the number of columns and rows, text and picture areas, caption positions and more
• Save custom layouts for future reuse
• Control box-level text attributes including: font, size, outline, color, and inset position
• Control color and opacity on boxes and frames
• Insert your pictures directly from your iPad, including Photo Stream photos, or choose from the free stock photos provided*
• Easily create unique shapes such as boxes with rounded corners, speech bubbles, stars, polygons, ovals and more
• Position, crop and resize pictures with a swipe and a pinch or use the nudge control for precise positioning including rotation
• Add background images as well as floating text and image boxes
• Copy and paste text directly into your layout
• Turn guides on and off
• Tweet, post to Facebook or email your layout to clients directly from your iPad
• Open your layout in QuarkXPress to polish your design
• PDF export (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Use a third party tool to convert PDFs into editable Adobe InDesign documents
• Dropbox support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• AirPrint support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Shadow colors
• New wave shapes for boxes opens up thousands of possibilities (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Remove watermarks (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Nudge controls for precise placement
• Slider stabilization technology
• Dynamic grids that let you change grid parameters on live documents (fluid layouts) (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Stroked text
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Various bug fixes
• Redesigned for iOS 7
• Support for creating multi-page documents as PDFs and QuarkXPress files
• Save and share designs as images and PDFs directly to Box (in addition to DropBox)
• Collect designs to Dropbox or Box (layout and images)
• Text style sheets
• Text patterns—a new, easy way to format text with multiple styles
• Picture Sketcher tool lets you draw your own images within picture boxes
• RGB Color picker option using sliders or text entry
• New right-angle box shapes
• Text overflow indicator including 'tap to fit' feature
Best on the go design tool. Not sure why there are all the negative reviews...
To start, this app is much much better than the average rating of 1 1/2 stars. Don't forget that you are working on an iPad. It is not going to be what you are used to keyboard and mouse style.
I have the $10 IAP paid version which was very much worth it in my opinion. I have made basic business cards and flyers on the go with DesignPad. Paired with Adobe's PS Touch it truly is a great tool. The font options, the ease of scaling graphics, the built in images (though not the best, but still great in a bind or time restrained job), and the over all ease of use seem to be overlooked or judged incorrectly.
I have never had the app crash. Exporting PDFs to Dropbox works great. I am using an iPad 4 and have no performance complaints. In fact, I honestly have no complaints what so ever. I do not see this as a replacement to my desktop setup that I use at work for graphic design. I see this app as the only viable solution on the App Store for any on the go brainstorming or for a job that squires minimal resources.
All in all, the $10 upgrade is worth it. The app does perform well and is by far the best mobile solution out there. I wrote this review because I do not feel this app deserves the rating that it has. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone interested.
Get your act together
Hello developers. Nice app, too bad it barely works. I was going to upgrade but with constant crashes and phantom changes to my documents, I don't see a reason to give you my money. Let's talk again when you can present a worthy update to this app with great potential.
Great idea. Horrible execution
I love the idea. But I cannot use the app. It lags on a fresh start on my ipad running latest OS. I cannot drag the boxes properly. Hangs constantly. Unusable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 21, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Quark Inc.
- © 2014 Quark Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack$9.99