Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Design on the Go with Quark DesignPad
Design on your iPad wherever you are with DesignPad, the iPad app that puts grid-based design control in the palm of your hand. No need to own InDesign or QuarkXPress.
Using an entirely new approach to design, you can quickly experiment with different layouts concepts and create anything such as a poster, postcard, advertisement, invitation, brochure, business card or newsletter right on your iPad — then share it on Twitter, Facebook, by email, print it or – if you have it available – further develop it in QuarkXPress.
Pro Feature Pack
Unlock the new Pro Feature Pack and gain access to professional output and new sharing capabilities. Save and share print-quality PDFs or save PNG and Adobe PDF versions to DropBox for immediate access anywhere or directly print out your design via the new AirPrint support.
Bring your creativity to life!
With DesignPad you can:
• Create stunning designs in minutes, in a meeting or on the go, directly on your iPad
• Develop concepts interactively and share them instantly with your colleagues, clients and friends
• For ultimate control, turn your DesignPad layout into a completed design by opening it in QuarkXPress* — our award-winning premier professional design and layout software
Professional power and ease of use:
• Choose from grid-based pre-defined layout types such as posters, brochures and advertisements, create your own customized size and layout combinations or start from scratch with a blank document
• Designate US or international document sizes with selectable units of measure
• Let the iPad do the hard work with the randomize layouts button
• Use easy slider controls to adjust all aspects of your layout grid or input exact values
• Customize the number of columns and rows, text and picture areas, caption positions and more
• Save custom layouts for future reuse
• Control box-level text attributes including: font, size, outline, color, and inset position
• Control color and opacity on boxes and frames
• Insert your pictures directly from your iPad, including Photo Stream photos, or choose from the free stock photos provided*
• Easily create unique shapes such as boxes with rounded corners, speech bubbles, stars, polygons, ovals and more
• Position, crop and resize pictures with a swipe and a pinch or use the nudge control for precise positioning including rotation
• Add background images as well as floating text and image boxes
• Copy and paste text directly into your layout
• Turn guides on and off
• Tweet, post to Facebook or email your layout to clients directly from your iPad
• Open your layout in QuarkXPress to polish your design
• PDF export (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Use a third party tool to convert PDFs into editable Adobe InDesign documents
• Dropbox support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• AirPrint support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Shadow colors
• New wave shapes for boxes opens up thousands of possibilities (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Remove watermarks (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Nudge controls for precise placement
• Slider stabilization technology
• Dynamic grids that let you change grid parameters on live documents (fluid layouts) (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Stroked text
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Version 2.5.1 now supports iOS7, iOS8 and iOS9.
This version fixes a problem in which the help window could not be closed and a crash issue.
Thanks for the positive feedback that you have sent to us by email.
Send us an email to email@example.com if you have any further requests or notice any problems. Many thanks!
Not Perfect But It Works!
I've tried a half dozen page layout apps in the past week or so and, while this one is not perfect, it's hands-down the best I've found. I needed it to do a newsletter while away from home and all I had with me was my 3rd generation iPad. I thought the UI was confusing until I read the user's manual (included); you know, when all else fails, read the instructions. Anyway, I found it easiest to just delete all the preset formatting on the page and simply add my own text and graphics boxes wherever I wanted. Of course, I paid the extra fee to enable PDF file sharing and a few other features. Importing photos and clip art into my page is a snap. What I think this app desperately needs is better font management (not able to mix font sizes and styles within a given box) and no text streaming from one box to another. Other than a few shortcomings, the app has been a pleasure to use, especially after trying some of the other apps available.
I thought all hope was lost to find a decent desktop publishing app for iPad, and then I stumbled on DesignPad. So far, it is stable, powerful, and simple... Key elements needed. The only strange thing is that there is no way to either (1) link text boxes to flow text between them OR (2) wrap text around photos. Preferably would like both, but right now you have to break up articles in chunks and manually flow them around the page. That's not very optimal. Once this has flow, it will be the only descent 5-star app out there for desktop publishing since Pages is, sadly, too slow and too limited in it's application.
This tool is excellent in nearly every way, but as far as I can tell, it is missing a snap-to-grid feature for text and image boxes. Please fix this or make it more clear as to how to accomplish it if it can already be done. I'll update my review and rating accordingly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Quark Inc.
- © 2015 Quark Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack$9.99