By Sean Rogers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Quartermaster is a complete army management app for Warhammer™ Fantasy Battles and Warhammer 40,000™ tabletop miniature games. Use Quartermaster to help create and manage army roster lists for all your favourite armies. No more loose notes and scribbled calculations!
• Create and share army templates
Army templates are complete references for every option in your army. Easily author templates right in the app and share them among your friends. Connect with other Quartermasters on the Facebook page at www.quartermasterapp.com/facebook.
Quartermaster does not include any templates itself for copyright reasons.
• Create army lists
Once you have created or imported your army template, pick and choose the units you want in your army. Adjust sizes, choose equipment and options, and add transports or other attached units. Quartermaster calculates all your totals, including percentages.
• Publish and share army lists
Hit the Share button when you're ready to game. Publish the army list for a clear and easy-to-read reference sheet. Use the reference sheet on your device during games, email it to friends, or print it to an AirPrint-capable printer. Generate a tournament-friendly summary, or styled forum code for sharing on discussion forums. Export the army file to send to friends or other Quartermaster devices.
This app is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
What's New in Version 4.5.3
- Unit champion magic items and wargear are now marked in bold in published lists.
- The appearance of the summary and forum code view has been fixed.
- An issue that caused template editing to crash on iOS 5 has been fixed.
If you like Quartermaster, please rate and review it on the App Store.
### Improvements to army overviews ###
It's now a lot easier to get an overview of your whole army while you edit it.
- On iPhone, each unit cell in the army view now includes an overview of all selected options, command profiles, and mount profiles.
- On iPad, the unit overviews in the army view have been improved to match the new published layout.
- Only the profiles for command and mount options are listed to avoid information overload.
### Improvements to published lists and summaries ###
Published lists and summaries have been cleaned up and are now easier to read than ever.
- Published list tables now include the full unit details and rules directly under the profile to make better use of space.
- Published list tables only include profiles of command and mount options in the main list to make the most important profiles prominent. All other profiles and rules are still listed below the published table.
- Non-default options are marked in bold to give more information at a glance.
- Command options are now listed at the end of each unit in an army summary to clearly separate general unit equipment from command-specific equipment.
- Units and options with no cost no longer have 0 points listed to remove clutter.
- On iPad, the army summary is now shown in a larger view to make it more readable.
### Improvements to command options ###
As well as improvements to how command options are displayed in published lists and summaries, command options can now be treated separately from the rest of their unit.
- Command options can be marked in templates as not being included in the unit size. So a Space Marine unit now has between 4 and 9 Space Marines and 1 additional Sergeant, rather than between 5 and 10 Space Marines and an included Sergeant.
### Other improvements and bug fixes ###
- The list of existing options for copying is now fully searchable.
- The tap area of the new arrow disclosure buttons has been increased to make them easier to use.
- Buttons that started disappearing with iOS 7.1 have been fixed.
- Searching magic items on iPad is now usable.
- Templates will no longer be falsely marked as corrupt and deleted.
- The ability to choose a replacement template has been restored.
- When changing the equip type in template editing, the currently selected type is now correctly highlighted.
- Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements have been included.
- Magic and Psychic upgrades are again listed in summaries.
- Units with no profile no longer show (null) in the published list.
- Long names in the army view on iPad are no longer cut off.
- An issue that was causing buttons to disappear has been fixed.
- An issue that would cause unit details to be displayed above the table in a published list has been fixed.
- An issue that was causing a crash when deleting a favourite list has been fixed.
- Readability and scaling of published lists has been improved.
Great tool for tabletop
For all of you GW game players out there, this is the app for you. Great interface, easy to use, and has some excellent features such as copying existing units/templates for creation purposes. I know I use it all the time for list creation on the go or at home along with keeping track of simple things such as stats during games.
The only real gripes I have with QM is, while you can enter an explanation for magic items, you can't actually make it legible in lists. Would be very nice to have some sort of interface in the list that let me open those on the fly. Other than that, I just wish it worked for more games like Warmachine! Really a great product overall.
Awesome app for 40k!
I haven't seen a points discrepancy so far. I've imported most of the templates for the various armies. It's a little annoying to go through the options when upgrading units with special weapons/relics etc. and I feel like who has access to what could be cleaned up a bit. Sometimes I think that whoever wrote the template just did a blanket section for upgrades. But besides that, it is very helpful for writing lists on the go. If you don't have access to army builder etc...
I have been using this app on and off for several years. I have seen this app evolve over time to its current state. I have to say I am very impressed how clean it looks and how easy and efficient it is to use. I use it for Warhammer (40k and fantasy). Finding templates from the community is very easy and also it is easy to modify to your liking should you choose. Defiantly beats the old days of using Army Builder!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 12, 2014
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sean Rogers
- © Sean Rogers 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.