Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket. It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, links, and—our newest treat—3D objects that you can view in augmented reality.
You decide when you're interested in learning more about a news item. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment. And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who just want to keep you informed and entertained.
We're proud to have been named an Apple editors' choice and one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2016. Some other accolades we're not exactly bashful about:
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
The app is really simple to use. Here are some other features:
• Experience the news in AR. When telling you about an interesting object that's in the news, we may invite you view a 3D model of it right there in front of you.
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• Take a 24-hour break from news about the US president with Trump Snooze.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Start your workday with a quick catchup on what happened while you were sleeping. Starting with this new version, we'll send you a morning notification with the latest. You can view the details inside the notification itself (fancy!), or tap through to view it in the app.
To mark this new feature and the app's next chapter, we have renamed ourselves... Quartz Brief. As in, short. Get it? But don't worry, nothing else is changing! Just the name.
Ratings and Reviews
For those of us who spend half our day texting comes a creative new way to stay informed. Every time you open Quartz, you get the news—political, pop-culture, and more—in a series of short messages. Tap on links or emoji to jump to the full story, or use a pre-written reply to get the next entertaining summary. Using Quartz feels like a fun conversation with a well-read friend—complete with GIFs, images, and snarky comments.
Just want some unbiased news snippets!
Used to love quartz. I have had the app for a very long time, even stuck with it through many bugs, but it’s become sooooo partisan I had to delete :-( I’m even a liberal but I hate the way they present the stories through such a bias lens and blatantly put down the other side
I love this app better than others.
I can read global news click on the articles that interest me for details.
Love the grifs
- Quartz Media LLC
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Quartz Media, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.