Quartz • News in a whole new way
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• App Store Best of 2016
• Apple editors' choice
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• Brit & Co's 10 most life-changing apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
"It’s super simple and a real breath of fresh air." —TechCrunch
"This is the future of mobile news, as Quartz envisions it." —Wired
Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket.
It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, and links, and you can decide when you're interested in reading more. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment.
And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who want to keep you informed and entertained.
It's pretty simple. Here are some other features:
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at email@example.com. Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.4.2
"Bug fixes and performance enhancements." We've always wanted to write that, and this update was precisely the opportunity!
So far so good
I just picked this news app up based upon a LinkedIn recommendation from an old boss. He noted that it was a bit different, and he is correct, but I have really enjoyed it.
I wish it included links to other articles, but even without that, I'm using it more than my other news apps.
Weird in a good way
Obviously this is a weird idea, but Quartz executes it well. I am a pretty intense consumer of news both for my job and outside of work and I think this is a pretty cool format. (Note: I also love Quartz' daily email, I unsubscribe from WSJ and NYT emails because Quartz does it much better.)
I was skeptical at first, but this app is executed really well. The news is so heavy these days, it's great to have this mix of fun and substance. I love how notifications are handled.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 10, 2017
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 45.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Quartz Media LLC
- © 2016 The Atlantic Monthly Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.