Quartz • News in a whole new way
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• App Store Best of 2016
• Apple editors' choice
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• Brit & Co's 10 most life-changing apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
"It’s super simple and a real breath of fresh air." —TechCrunch
"This is the future of mobile news, as Quartz envisions it." —Wired
Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket.
It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, and links, and you can decide when you're interested in reading more. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment.
And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who want to keep you informed and entertained.
It's pretty simple. Here are some other features:
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.2.4
Happy new year! We had a great 2016 in the App Store, and really appreciate everyone who has used the app, offered feedback, and spread the word to others. Here's to a lot more to come in 2017.
This is a minor update to fix things we hope you didn't even realize were wrong. Among other changes, tapping links to Twitter and YouTube should work better now, and the markets haiku should actually show up in our Watch app. So if your new year's resolution was to get more information about the stock market in the form of poetry on your wrist, we've got you covered. If you have other ambitions, stay tuned.
If you're looking for biased, fake news, then this is the app for you. Very left leaning, propaganda riddled "news"... Glad I didn't pay for it!
SLOW, very liberal
Slowest way to get your news. Not interested? Who cares they might send you 8 "texts" and force you to wait through drivel about the Kardashians. Very left wing in nature, never seems to give the whole picture either. 👎👎
Was cautious, but now I love it.
Simplifies it. Sometimes the gifs are a little too cheeses but I'm impressed.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 02, 2017
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Quartz Media LLC
- © 2016 The Atlantic Monthly Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.