This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket. It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, links, and—our newest treat—3D objects that you can view in augmented reality.
You decide when you're interested in learning more about a news item. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment. And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who just want to keep you informed and entertained.
We're proud to have been named an Apple editors' choice and one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2016. Some other accolades we're not exactly bashful about:
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
The app is really simple to use. Here are some other features:
• Experience the news in AR. When telling you about an interesting object that's in the news, we may invite you view a 3D model of it right there in front of you.
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• Take a 24-hour break from news about the US president with Trump Snooze.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at email@example.com. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.1.3
The name of our app used to be Quartz • but now we are just called Quartz. Though the • was always silent, it spoke volumes—namely, that another app had called itself Quartz before us. Now we are the only Quartz, so the • has outlived its utility. We will not exactly miss the • but appreciate its lengthy service as a technicality and wish it a wonderful retirement in the depths of the Unicode standard.
Used to be better
This used to be my favorite app but it's clear that quartz is a totally biased news aggregator. They so clearly swing to the left when myself like many users appreciated its, "moderate" feed. NO MORE. Conjecture and subjective news stories that have no weight. Hopefully this changes or will delete.
Wonderful source for catching up with the news.
If I wanted liberal Democrat news…
I can get it anywhere. I was hoping for a little more objectivity.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 50.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Quartz Media LLC
- © 2017 Quartz Media LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.