This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket. It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, links, and—our newest treat—3D objects that you can view in augmented reality.
You decide when you're interested in learning more about a news item. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment. And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who just want to keep you informed and entertained.
We're proud to have been named an Apple editors' choice and one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2016. Some other accolades we're not exactly bashful about:
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
The app is really simple to use. Here are some other features:
• Experience the news in AR. When telling you about an interesting object that's in the news, we may invite you view a 3D model of it right there in front of you.
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• Take a 24-hour break from news about the US president with Trump Snooze.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.0
We’ve added a third dimension to our reporting. Now, when telling you about an interesting object that’s in the news, we may invite you to view a 3D model of it in augmented reality. Like, right there in front of you. We’ll wait here while your mind recovers from being blown...
...AR is an exciting new addition to the types of media we use to keep you informed about the global economy—alongside text, GIFs, images, and emoji. (Be sure to update your journalism school textbooks.) When you encounter an AR news item, just tap on the chat bubble to launch the AR viewer and place the object wherever you are in the world. And, hey, maybe take a screenshot and share it with us? @qz on Twitter and Instagram.
You need to upgrade to iOS 11 to get in on this action. It will work best on iPhones 6S or newer. Older phones will display the 3D objects, just not right there in the room with you.
This new version of the app also includes some irresistible haptic feedback at all the right moments. You may never want to stop tapping.
See you in augmented reality!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Quartz Media LLC
- © 2017 Quartz Media LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.