Questions For Jesus: Pray Prayers that God Answers
By Leadership MetaFormation Institute
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“I learned that I can enjoy my God.” -- Senior Pastor
Don’t settle for a dry devotional monologue when you can be enjoying intimate, two-way conversations with God! Praying your desires is the easiest way to hear Him speak—and you can learn it in a few minutes a day.
Questions for Jesus is a unique devotional app that uses profound questions to jump-start deep conversations with God. Created by world-renowned leadership coach Tony Stoltzfus (author of Amazon.com’s best-selling questions book) and used by thousands of leaders worldwide, the Questions for Jesus approach will have you praying prayers that get answered—prayers like these:
• “Jesus, what makes you proud of me today?”
• “Jesus, what were you experiencing when you put down your tools and left your carpenter shop for the last time?”
• “Jesus, how would my life be significant to you even if I never accomplished another thing?”
• “You said you long for me to see you in heaven, as you really are. What will it mean to you when I come and see you there?”
As one pastor put it, “It’s like Jesus just won’t shut up!”
HOW THE APP WORKS
Simply read one of the 26 free meditations, choose the question you want to ask Jesus and ask away! The app helps you tune in by playing instrumental worship music as you listen, then opens the built-in journal to let you record what Jesus said. Social features make it easy to share your journey: you can quickly send journal entries by text or e-mail, or even sync up apps with a group of friends so you pray and share the same question every day!
• “I had an excellent, rational, intellectual relationship with God—and I was bored. This has given me a whole new way to relate to him.”
• “The last two weeks for me spiritually have been like drinking from a fire hose.” – Missionary
• “God has become a personal friend—very, very approachable...”
• “[Now] I am not afraid to ask Him anything, even if it sounds stupid to me.” -- Pastor
The FREE Questions for Jesus App gives you everything you need to dive into this exciting, interactive style of prayer:
• Six months of weekly meditations (26 in all) that bring the book of Matthew to life
• Five creative, new questions to ask Jesus for each meditation
• Beautiful instrumental worship music for while you pray (11 tracks included free!)
• A prayer timer to keep you from losing focus
• A built in journal
• Social tools let you share from your journal
• The ability to sync up apps with a team so you are all praying and sharing on the same question each day.
• Articles and training videos about praying your desire if you have questions or get stuck
WHY PRAYING THIS WAY WORKS
Desires (for things like love, significance, security, acceptance, and more) are the universal human longings that motivate our behavior. And our desires were designed to be filled within an intimate relationship with God. The problem is, **no one ever taught us to pray for our desires!** We know how to pray for things, for people, for direction, or for help. But asking Jesus to tell me what’s the beauty He sees in me, or how He is proud of me, or just to hold me and comfort my broken heart—that kind of request never crosses my mind. But it’s the thing He’s just waiting to be asked—because He loves to fill us to overflowing.
What's New in Version 1.03
Minor bug fixes to eliminate Japanese characters.
Transform your life!
It's amazing how simply asking Jesus good questions can change your perspective to truly show you his heart and joy over you. I highly recommend this app and am already telling my friends about it!
Want intimacy with Jesus?
This is a great resource that promotes a deeper relationship with Jesus. It provides a meditation, reflection time, and place to record what you "hear" from Jesus. You can use this with a friend, small group, or larger community. I enjoy the meaningful conversation it brings between a friend and I.
Such a great app!! Very helpful getting your heart to actually experience Jesus's thought for you, it will change how you view your relationship with Him!!!