"Record anything, quickly."
Quick Record is the fastest way to record audio with your device.
It can record in one tap or even automatically, sync to multiple devices with iCloud, capture in High/Medium/Low quality, record directly from the Apple Watch microphone, share via email, and open in other apps.
Record music, lectures, meetings, wildlife, interviews, ideas, and anything else using the device in your hands.
* * * WHY THIS APP? * * *
Quick Record is unmatched when it comes to organizing recordings, cloud sync, and capturing without distraction.
You can organize your recordings with great flexibility using names, tags, or stars: instead of having to think "Which folder did I put it in?", you can just search for any property and see instant results.
If you choose to use iCloud, there are powerful syncing features that allow you to access your recordings on multiple devices with zero effort; all recordings are uploaded automatically and can be downloaded from another device with just one tap.
This is also the most nimble recording app you will ever use. If you turn on automatic recording, you can start capturing by just opening the app - no need to "find the record button". Quick Record doesn't force you to think of a name every time you save, but you can turn this on if you like. It's the kind of app that lets you get your ideas down without buttons that jump around the screen, and without forcing you play Space Invaders with alerts and popups just to save your stuff.
And if you're coming from the Voice Memos app, you'll enjoy the ability to open your recordings in other apps.
* * * FEATURES * * *
• Record with one tap
• Record automatically when the app opens
• Sync to multiple devices with iCloud
• Use locally without iCloud if desired
• Record in the background while using other apps
• Record in the background while device is asleep / locked
• Record directly from Apple Watch microphone
• Prevent the screen from locking while recording
• Pause and continue recording from the lock screen
• Pause and continue recording with your headphone remote
• Select quality from High (256kbps), Medium (96kbps), or Low (32kbps)
• Share via email, iMessage, Airdrop, etc…
• Open in other apps
• Organize by naming / tagging / starring items
• Search by name / tag
• Choose your workflow (automatically Edit/Tag/Share/Open in… after recording)
• Play recordings while using other apps
• Remove device copy to save space while keeping iCloud copy
• AAC / M4A format
• VoiceOver support
• No complicated instructions
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch
* * * SUPPORT/FEEDBACK * * *
From within the app, tap the question mark icon, then select 'Send Feedback'.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Accessible and easy to use
Great app. Accessible with voiceover.
How do I get an external mic to work through your app on my iPad...
I'm not sure what is not working exactly, but you can try some of the following things:
- make sure the app has permission to use the microphone in Settings > Privacy > Microphone
- confirm that the mic works with a different app
It's better if you contact from within the app: tap the 'About' button (?), then select 'Send Feedback'. I can guide you personally from there.
Tagging is indispensable!
This is a fantastic alternative to the Apple voice memo app. This is because it allows you to tag your memos, and to search by multiple tags.
As a songwriter, this means I can tag a voice memo with the key, relative tempo, time signature, mood, etc. so when I think of a new idea, I can search by these criteria and find other ideas I've recorded the past that might go with them.
Before downloading this app, I had a totally on organized database of about 1000 different musical ideas. It was nearly impossible to figure out which ones were a witch, and which ones might go with each other. Tagging makes this so easy!
I would love it if the app would also allow me to import— then I could dump in all my old memos and make the switch away from the Apple voice memo app for good.
The only feature the Apple app has that this one does not is the ability to add more audio to the end of an existing voice memo. This allows me to keep all my recordings on a single song or idea on the same voice memo for better organization. I emailed the developer about adding this feature, and he/she was intrigued and seemed open to it. I got a response within a few hours. Great support!
- Rosano Coutinho
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Rosano Coutinho
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.