QuickBooks GoPayment: POS Credit Card Reader
By Intuit Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plug your card reader into your iPhone or iPad and take credit cards quickly and securely. And a card reader isn’t even required. You can always scan a card with your camera, or key in the card details directly.
ACCEPT CHIP CARDS WITH THE NEW EMV CARD READER*
Instead of swiping, dip the chip! If your customer gives you a chip card, use the EMV card reader and insert the card in the back slot. You can still swipe non-chip cards in the front slot of the reader.
GET PAID QUICKLY … ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
Your customer signs right on your device to authorize the payment. Then you can email or text a receipt to your customer. Accepting a payment takes just a few taps from start to finish.
DO IT YOUR WAY
- Customize your receipts to include your logo, store info, social media links, and a personalized message.
- Add a list of items you frequently sell, including prices, descriptions, and photos. Then create quick orders from your items or enter custom amounts.
- Make it easy for customers to include a tip on a credit card payment.
- What if your customer doesn’t have their credit card handy? Tap in cash or check transactions to record them.
RUN YOUR BUSINESS
- Add up to 50 users to accept payments on behalf of your business.
- Use the online service center to accept, refund, or review credit card transactions.
- Enjoy safe, encrypted credit card processing.
- Sync transactions to QuickBooks for hassle-free small business bookkeeping.
- Build trust with your customers by using tools from the leader in small business financial management software.
Choose a plan that works for you:
- No monthly fees with rates from 2.4%
- $20.00 month with rates from 1.6%
- No monthly minimums, hidden fees, setup or cancellation charges.
- Rates include these card types:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
TAKE 3 EASY STEPS TO GET STARTED
1 - Download the free GoPayment app.
2 - Complete the application.
3 - Get approved.
You’re good to go! You can start accepting credit card payments even before your card reader arrives.
HOW TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS
Accepting credit cards is a snap. You can take Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.
1 – Enter the charge amount.
2 – Insert, swipe, scan, or key in credit card info.
3 – Have your customer sign on your device to authorize payment.
4 – Send receipts through email or text. Payment arrives in your bank account in 2-3 business days.
*GET YOUR CARD READER
Mobile card readers are available for purchase at http://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/emv-reader
CARD READER REQUIREMENTS
Works with Apple devices running iOS 8 and higher.
If you have any trouble with your card reader, you can still accept credit cards by scanning cards or keying in card details.
http://security.intuit.com/privacy to learn how Intuit protects your privacy.
What's New in Version 8.4.0
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Great app HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
This app is great. And I'd usually give it 5 start BUT their customer service is completely horrid. Dismal.
I can only relay my own personal experience. I had a customer initiate a charge back because of a misunderstanding. I addressed the issue quickly and resolve to the pleasure of the customer. The customer contacted his credit card company to reverse the charge back. I got a letter from the customer and from his credit card company both stating that the chargeback was canceled.
I contacted into it. Sent them everything they want it. They still refuse to place the money back in my checking account. They stated that they have to use this for 90 days to investigate, regardless of what all party say.
There is no way to contact them except through email. And they never answer their email. There are no phone numbers or any other points of contact. You have to wait for them. You are at their mercy with no avenue of recourse. Use your own best judgment, but these are my experiences.
I think intuit is great prefer it over square. The scan card option is very helpful because not able to use swiper due to Lifeproof case. Would like to see a swiper made available with a longer tip or adapter. Have been using intuit for 8 years now.
Customer service is great, you actually talk to someone. Other one could only email with problem and had to wait for reply. 3 or 4 days to solve problem. Time is money can't wait that long.
Great for small businesses on the go!
We have been using GoPayments for three years now, and love how easy it is to accept and record all payment methods from credit cards, to checks and even cash! Sending customers a custom-designed company receipt is easy, too!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 06, 2017
- Version: 8.4.0
- Size: 148 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Intuit Inc.
- © Intuit Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.