Quicken 2015/2016/2017 Money Management
By Quicken Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken 2017 desktop software.
REMINDER: For Canadian customers, the companion app will work only with Quicken 2017 or higher.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App syncs your Quicken desktop data to your iPhone or iPad, so you can count on us to help you make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you currently don’t have Quicken 2017 on your desktop, please visit us at www.Quicken.com/products to download our top personal finance software.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data
• View your personal finance information (like balances, budgets, transactions, investments and watch list) anytime, anywhere
• Enter transactions manually even if you’re not connected to the internet
• More powerful search
• Automatically updated with new transactions so you can stay on top of your spending while traveling
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending
• Get alerts sent to your mobile device to stay on top of account activity
• View your information from your latest sync, even when you’re not online
• Automatically pulls in your budgets—track expenses and see what you have left to spend
• Easy-understand graphs show a clear picture of where your money is going
SNAP AND STORE RECEIPTS
• Snap a picture of your receipt with your phone or tablet
• Easily keep track of your most important purchases, warranty information, or tax-deductible donations
• Eliminates paper clutter and makes returning purchases easier
ALWAYS FEEL SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by the security measures you expect from Quicken
• Turn off the mobile app from your computer if you lose your smartphone or tablet
• Opt out with a single click if you don’t want to use the mobile app
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create an Intuit ID from your Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 8 or higher
• To use the Quicken Mobile Companion App, you must have Quicken 2015, 2016, or 2017 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager.
• Investment on Quicken mobile is available for Quicken Mac 2017 and Quicken Windows 2017 (Deluxe or higher) users
• Watch lists on Quicken mobile is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 (Deluxe or higher) users
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
Quicken Inc. WebSite: Quicken 2015/2016/2017 Money Management Support Application License Agreement
What's New in Version 5.0.5
- Fixed a bug that was causing receipt capture to fail on some devices
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Long Time Desktop User
Numerous times the sync to desktop has failed. The last two times times I contacted chat support and they fixed it--as part of other problem. As in the past, I may get two or three good syncs before it stops working again. This time, I took the precaution of not loading my receipts into the mobile app before attempting a sync. This was wise, because it's broken again and I still had the receipts and bank statements to load into the desktop.
I really only need the mobile app as a convenient way to load receipts on the fly and view upcoming transactions, bank reconciliation would be just gravy if it worked. I have my banks' apps on my phone so I don't really need bank reconciliation if that proves too complex in today's security-conscious environment. Conclusion: it will be less convenient to do without it, but, far more convenient than the time it's takes to keep it running. I'm not going to bother messing with the mobile app anymore and will delete it. Was a good idea in concept though.
Idling at 80% of the way to greatness
1) Quicken for iOS should NEVER log someone out without that person actually picking the log out option. For those of us whose passwords are not a trite "hello" and are instead a 32 character string of upper, lower, and numeric characters stored in a physical file in a secure location, the constant "crashes" and "getting logged out" due to wireless issues or server issues is ridiculous.
2) Quicken for iOS should NEVER ask to "verify" an account when signing in on a device that's been signed in on the account before, unless there's a very good reason. Mobile Quicken is USELESS if I have to go home and check the e-mail in order to sign back in.
3) Quicken for iOS should remember categories that have previously been used for a payee, and not default to "Uncategorized." In the case where multiple categories have been used, select the most common one.
4) Quicken for iOS should cache receipt images and upload them later if unable to do so, instead of just dropping them. Bonus points for a "Wifi upload later" mode, for people who do not have unlimited cellular data.
5) Quicken for iOS would be much better if it would have a document scanner style capture-and-crop (see iOS "CamScanner" app, etc.)
This app is incredibly frustrating because it has been at about 80% of the way to greatness for several years now.
I keep trying to love this app, but I just can't. I love what it could be.
Logs me out, still locks when taking a picture of the receipt even after the update, when the picture does work it is saved in my camera roll which is annoying, took away integration with 1Password which was awesome with all the times it kicks you out, end balances don't match PC, lose my budgets on my phone from time to time.
I hope the new owner gets this thing working right. Would love to see a company provide a great desktop/mobile combination that actually works reliably and makes this easy. The only reason I don't switch to Mint is because I want a desktop app that will keep all my records. The free bill pay almost makes up for that. Here is to hoping... may give this up if 2018 doesn't show promise. Keeping my 2016 version for now as I don't like wasting money on junk.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 11, 2017
- Version: 5.0.5
- Size: 48.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quicken Inc.
- © 2017 Quicken Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.