The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken desktop software.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App for iPhone and iPad syncs with Quicken desktop, so you can make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you currently don’t have Quicken on your desktop, please visit us at www.Quicken.com/products to download our top personal finance software.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data.
• View your balances, accounts, and transactions.
• See spending trends and check your budget.*
• Enter transactions as you spend even when you are not connected to the internet.
• Search transaction history.
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending.
• Snap and store a picture of your receipt.
*Budgets are not yet available for Quicken Windows 2016.
FEEL CONFIDENT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by 256-bit encryption.
• Additional protection with Face ID and Touch ID.
• Data access guarantee: Always have full access to and ownership of your data.
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create a Quicken ID from your Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 9 or higher.
QUICKEN VERSION REQUIREMENTS
• Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager is required.
• For Canadian customers, the Quicken Mobile Companion App, will work only with Quicken 2017 and 2018.
• Budgets is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 and 2018 and Mac 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Investments are available for Quicken 2017 and 2018.
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
• Budgets are back and better than ever. See your budget by group as well as by category. Swipe to quickly view transactions and edit budget amounts.
• Easily switch between all your Finances/Quicken cloud accounts.
• Swipe to quickly categorize and split transactions.
• Swipe to see Online and Todays Balances.
• View and add attachments, notes and tags.
NOTE: Budgets are not yet available for Quicken Windows 2016.
Ratings and Reviews
Waiting for fixes & exploring other options.
The last east incarnation of Quicken for iPad works if you don’t wish to recategorize your transactions. Every time it guesses incorrectly about a transaction and I try to change it, the app crashes. No errors, it just flashes and closes. The Windows version of the app works pretty good, but if I don’t have my pc with me, I’d love to be able to use the mobile version on my iPad or iPhone to be able to do this as it’s important as I take the time to check my financials daily. Until this bug or problem is fixed, Quicken for iPad is almost useless to me for anything other than looking at the big picture snapshot of my financials. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app on multiple occasions over the past few mos, as well as performed complete resets of both my iPhone & iPad to factory defaults to see if it would resolve the issues. I’ve checked the community and support forums & found nothing so far that addresses this issue so far. I am going to start using Mint again and see if it works better for my uses. Until these issues are resolved, the mobile versions are almost useless to me.
Update does everything wrong
Who write this update?? A Junior High School computer club?? Everything is worse.
The account names are harder to read and distinguish. The app no longer shows which transactions have receipts attached and which don’t. It will still not allow you to photograph a receipt from the app and attach it. You have to take a separate photo, then attach it from your photo collection. They were supposed to correct this error on the update. Now you can’t enlarge the receipt photo if you need to read details or take a screenshot for a dispute. There is a red band across the bottom third with a garbage can icon f you want to delete the image—but this obscures the bottom part of the receipt.
This update is a sloppy, ill thought out software disaster. Hire the A-team this time and fix this!!
PS even this description has not been rewritten. The written part is probably from the old app, which no longer completely reflects the new one. They also do not seem to recognize that people are using Quicken version 2018, which probably did not exist when this description was written by them some time ago. More sloppy production values!
Good app but needs some adjusting
I use the app on an iPhone to keep track of transactions when I am out & about & then sync with my Apple at home. It works great at synchronising & has never crashed on me. It works well too if you choose to sync your bank account directly. But I have an account that I don’t want to do that with. My complaint is that on the app, you can’t manually alter a transaction once it is dated as having already happened. You have to delete the transaction & add a new one. So for example if you get auto deposit & the exact amount varies slightly, & you have entered an approximate amount since you want to know your approximate balance, on the app you have to delete the entire entry to just update the amount. (On the computer I can change it). Another suggestion for the phone app is to show balances after every transaction. Not just the balance today or the ending balance.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.