The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken desktop software.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App for iPhone and iPad syncs with Quicken desktop, so you can make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you currently don’t have Quicken on your desktop, please visit us at www.Quicken.com/products to download our top personal finance software.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data.
• View your balances, accounts, and transactions.
• See spending trends and check your budget.*
• Enter transactions as you spend even when you are not connected to the internet.
• Search transaction history.
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending.
• Snap and store a picture of your receipt.
*Budgets are not yet available for Quicken Windows 2016.
FEEL CONFIDENT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by 256-bit encryption.
• Additional protection with Face ID and Touch ID.
• Data access guarantee: Always have full access to and ownership of your data.
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create a Quicken ID from your Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 9 or higher.
QUICKEN VERSION REQUIREMENTS
• Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager is required.
• For Canadian customers, the Quicken Mobile Companion App, will work only with Quicken 2017 and 2018.
• Budgets is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 and 2018 and Mac 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Investments are available for Quicken 2017 and 2018.
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
• Bug fixes for add transaction, including remembering the last account used
• Performance improvements for loading the app and payee list
Ratings and Reviews
No better than your bank’s website
This app really doesn’t give me anything more than my bank’s website does. The desktop version projects the balance for each account at a line level, so I know at a glance what my bank balance will be on any given FUTURE date, including calculating for scheduled bills and deposits. I can use the information provided to make decisions like when to transfer money, or when I can afford to make an extra mortgage payment, retire a debt, or book a vacation. I can’t do that with this app.
It didn’t used to be a big deal that the app didn’t include this. We owned the desktop software, and the app was provided as a convenience. Now that the product has moved to a subscription model, we no longer own anything. They are selling a service, or at least that’s what we’re paying for. In reality, the mobile offering is nearly useless, and the PC and Mac versions aren’t compatible with each other. That’s not software as a service, that’s repackaging obsolete software to gouge existing customers who only stick it out with the product because it’s time-consuming to move to a competitors product (there are several).
Waiting for fixes & exploring other options.
The last east incarnation of Quicken for iPad works if you don’t wish to recategorize your transactions. Every time it guesses incorrectly about a transaction and I try to change it, the app crashes. No errors, it just flashes and closes. The Windows version of the app works pretty good, but if I don’t have my pc with me, I’d love to be able to use the mobile version on my iPad or iPhone to be able to do this as it’s important as I take the time to check my financials daily. Until this bug or problem is fixed, Quicken for iPad is almost useless to me for anything other than looking at the big picture snapshot of my financials. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app on multiple occasions over the past few mos, as well as performed complete resets of both my iPhone & iPad to factory defaults to see if it would resolve the issues. I’ve checked the community and support forums & found nothing so far that addresses this issue so far. I am going to start using Mint again and see if it works better for my uses. Until these issues are resolved, the mobile versions are almost useless to me.
Back in action and better than ever.
After impatiently waiting for budgets to be redeveloped, they are finally back and I can start getting again what I loyally paid for all of these years. That’s said, I absolutely love the improvements. The mobile app is finally the perfect companion to the desktop app we all desperately needed. Anyone writing critical reviews at this point must have no idea how to use the desktop app properly. You need to establish that first as this is an extension of that. This isn’t mint. This is Quicken. Much more powerful and feature-rich. If you want mint then use mint, but don’t expect this app to read your mind and do everything for you. You need to understand the quicken desktop app and accounting fundamentals to fully utilize the app. Establish your mobile accounts and options on the desktop before using the mobile app and you’ll be fine.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.