By Quicken Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken 2017 desktop software.
REMINDER: For Canadian customers, the companion app will work only with Quicken 2017 or higher.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App syncs your Quicken desktop data to your iPhone or iPad, so you can count on us to help you make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you currently don’t have Quicken 2017 on your desktop, please visit us at www.Quicken.com/products to download our top personal finance software.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data
• View your personal finance information (like balances, budgets, transactions, investments and watch list) anytime, anywhere
• Enter transactions manually even if you’re not connected to the internet
• More powerful search
• Automatically updated with new transactions so you can stay on top of your spending while traveling
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending
• Get alerts sent to your mobile device to stay on top of account activity
• View your information from your latest sync, even when you’re not online
• Automatically pulls in your budgets—track expenses and see what you have left to spend
• Easy-understand graphs show a clear picture of where your money is going
SNAP AND STORE RECEIPTS
• Snap a picture of your receipt with your phone or tablet
• Easily keep track of your most important purchases, warranty information, or tax-deductible donations
• Eliminates paper clutter and makes returning purchases easier
ALWAYS FEEL SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by the security measures you expect from Quicken
• Turn off the mobile app from your computer if you lose your smartphone or tablet
• Opt out with a single click if you don’t want to use the mobile app
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create an Intuit ID from your Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 8 or higher
• To use the Quicken Mobile Companion App, you must have Quicken 2015, 2016, or 2017 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager.
• Investment on Quicken mobile is available for Quicken Mac 2017 and Quicken Windows 2017 (Deluxe or higher) users
• Watch lists on Quicken mobile is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 (Deluxe or higher) users
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
Quicken Inc. WebSite: Quicken 2015/2016/2017 Money Management Support Application License Agreement
What's New in Version 5.0.19
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Works well, but has a glaring issue.
The app does mostly what it’s supposed to, but there’s been one bug that hasn’t been addressed in the updates. That specifically is, it won’t update overviews of my accounts. It hasn’t updated any of the account overviews for over two months, so when I open the app, the account totals displayed are very out of date, and just plain wrong. If I go to each, individual account, it will be up to date - as of my most recent sync with Quicken on my computer - but the overviews all stopped updating months ago. I’ve even tried deleting and reloading this app, but it doesn’t help. It’s an annoying bug, but, since going to each individual account is accurate and up to date, I’m happy with all other aspects of the app.
It is not the best purchase I have made
While at first the app seemed a great idea — i was able to add one receipt quickly without logging on to my computer. It quickly became apparent that the app lacks a lot of features.
1. You should not have to finish the receipt in one category and then look up the receipt and edit it to split the categories.
2. If you made a mistake in the account - you cannot correct it in the app, you can only correct it by logging.
3. Same thing for amount! Once the entry is saved, you cannot change the amount, or split the entry unless the total matches the incorrect amount.
4. If you don’t upgrade your version of quicken regularly, when a version Year is no longer supported, it will no longer sync with the app. Took me forever to figure that one out.
I’ve been a quicken user since 2003. Overall I’ve been pleased with Quicken over the last 14 years. I really love the app as it allows me to enter transactions as I spend, but the latest update has one major flaw. It doesn’t allow you to select a default account. I use my credit card for almost every purchase but it always defaults to my checking account whenever I enter a new transaction. It would be awesome if I had the ability to select my credit as the default account for all new transactions. If you make that update, I’ll switch my review to 5 stars.