By Carlos Ribas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
QuickSign lets you flash a series of messages or signs at someone across the room. QuickSign is simple and to the point. Instead of scrolling your message, QuickSign lets you break your message up into small pieces and then flash the pieces by tapping the screen. Touch and hold on the message display stop displaying messages and return to the entry and options screen.
To your waiter: "Check Please"
To the car next to you: "Nice Wheels"
To the obnoxious dude: "EPIC FAIL"
To your kids in the playscape: "Five More Minutes!"
The person reading your message can read much more quickly than any scrolling banner will let them, and you have a lot less setting up to do because you don't have to worry about whether the banner will scroll too slowly or too fast.
Imagine that you are flipping through index cards that you have written on in large letters and you have the idea of how QuickSign works.
* Enter up to 20 messages of any length. Longer words will display smaller than shorter words, so keep in mind how far away the other person is.
* Remembers your messages for next time or if you get interrupted.
* You may choose the color of the text and the background color. Use color to add some personal style to your message or to cater to a dark movie theater environment vs. a bright classroom.
* Settings lets you choose to have some feedback when you tap the screen. This way you know the other person is seeing the next part of the message, since you have your screen facing them and not you.
* Quick slide animations between messages keep the display interesting.
***** Thanks for the reviews!****
If you like QuickSign check out our other apps HoursTracker and HoursTracker Lite!!
Nice app. Would be much better with some additional user options.
It does what it says, but I don't like that the only way to advance to the next word is to touch the screen. While that is fine some of the time, I'd also like to have the option to set a time (1 sec., 2 sec., etc...) for each screen to show and for it to then automatically advance. Also, please give us the option to turn off the sound it makes when advancing to the next word. Love that the color options allows such a wide choice instead of just the basic palette you see so often!!! Solid 1.0 app that needs just a little work!
Not too bad, it does exactly what it says it is supposed to do. It displays text in big letters across the screen. I actually have a use for it, so I guess it makes it more "valuable" to me. The UI could use some work, like letting us select which text to display instead of having to scroll through all of them. Allowing each text to have it's own font, and color instead of the global value. Overall, it does what it says.
Exactly as advertised!
Fast, simple, effective.....already used this several times! Warned a driver of a tire going flat while on the freeway, ordered a drink in a crowded bar, and flirted with a driver. Great app!
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Jul 26, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Carlos Ribas
- © 2009 Carlos Ribas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.