QuickTag for iTunes
By Ryan Ruel
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
QuickTag is a companion app for Apple iTunes which allows anyone to easily add additional descriptive tags to tracks in their library.
These tags can be used in iTunes along with iTunes smart playlists to provide a powerful music organization system.
Written initially for DJ's (but usable by anyone with a large music collection), QuickTag provides a quick and easy solution to the daunting task of categorizing and organizing tracks.
- Simple and quick to use
- Works with any audio format supported in iTunes
- Allows any number of custom genres to be configured, along with 8 categories and 18 attributes
- Genres may be imported from iTunes
- An additional tag line can be added to all tracks
- Configurable options for how to write track tags
- Selectable 5-star rating for each track, written to track tags as well
- All track tags are added with configurable delimiters, to allow for precise searching within iTunes or other applications
What's New in Version 2.0
- Initial Playlist option for selecting a starting point in iTunes each time QuickTag starts
- Additional tag support for the grouping and category ID3 tags
- Additional configuration options for tag delimiters
- Corrected preview window being clipped when using large tag names
- Reduced window size for users with resolutions down to 1440x900
- Various minor UI improvements and fixes
Doesn’t work on 10.9.5
Program installed properly but when you load it and iTunes, the playing song never shows up in the QuickTag window. Website doesn’t offer any help or support. Fix this app and make it actually communicate properly with iTunes and you’ll get 5 stars because this is a fantastic idea!
If this could support more than 18 attributes I’d love it. I need to be able to use more tags than just 18, thanks!
Doesn’t work with iTunes 12.5
It shows the current playing track, but can’t read or write tags.